2009 Ford Focus 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - More than meets the eye

2009 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

More than meets the eye
By Ryan on

2009 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a 35mpg (wring out a few more, if you pay attention to the MPG meter) economy car that doesn't make you feel like you are driving an economy car. The motor has plenty of pep for accelerating into freeway traffic, although, it doesn't have much left after 65mph. The car handles very well right off the lot and the ride is surprisingly quiet and comfortable. If you can sacrifice a bit of that quiet and comfort for a greater improvement in handling and style, I would suggest going with the 17" wheel option with the 215/45 tires. I purchased mine after I took delivery of the car and paid almost double. The car overall feels well-built and reliable. I am very satisfied.

Favorite Features

The styling, handling, power and accessories. Nice details and accents around the car make you feel like you are driving a much more expensive vehicle. The in-car electronics are a nice touch. Although I didn't care about Sync when reading the brochure, I now glad that I have it!

Suggested Improvements

Needs a rear disc-brake option. Throttle pedal placement makes heel- toe braking impossible. Some paint underspray, but only in low-vis areas like the trunk. Sound-deadening material in the rear fender wells (looks like under-hood insulator material) will probably need replacing in a few years.