Focusing on Fuel Mileage
By HD4me on
2008 Ford Focus S 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
Like 90% of you out there, I bought this car for fuel economy. I also own a 2005 Tahoe. I love my Tahoe but it was costing me approx. $90 a week to fill up. $360 a month. so I elected to get the no thrill S model. I test drove the Cobalt and was not impressed. The Focus, on the other hand, was a real surprise. The smoothness of the powertrain and comfort are amazing. I got the bare bones version, so I can't comment on it's other attributes. i.e. synk, bluetooth etc. Handling and braking is very good, style is OK and interior design is very good. The most important feature is the 34+ mpg's I get over all. It bothers me that it hasn't gotten a better press review. It deserves much better.
Favorite Features
Gas mileage! Seats! The air conditioning is awsome! The trunk space is very large, i-Pod jack, powertrain, quiet interior, smooth suspension and the overall fit and finish is very aero-dynamic. Which probably attributes to the fantastic gas mileage. All this for $13,600 out the door.
Suggested Improvements
Not many, but if I have to nit pick: I would have an interior latch for the gas tank fill and a trunk release. Also, ( I just thought of it) I'd probably increase the travel of the air vent on the left side. It blow's directly on your hand while driving.