2008 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Glad that I bought the 08 Focus
By jcwilliamsjr on 04/07/08 19:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Focus for about six weeks and already have over 3000 miles. I am very happy with the decision to purchase this car. Fuel mileage is over the Ford rating and at times is bumping the 41+ mpg and is a fun car to drive. Great car by Ford for the money it can not be beat. I looked at the Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, and Nissan Sentra prior to buying the Focus.

I Love This Car!
By Marla on 04/04/08 13:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. The concern I had about power vanished on the drive home when it easily went up the long steep hills coming into town. Merging into high-speed interstate traffic is a breeze. It's full of pep and handles great. Fun to drive. It shifts quietly. The seats sit high, unlike my previous car where I felt as if I were sitting in a hole. After only 600 miles, I'm getting about 29 MPG, and it continues to rise. The interior lights at night are well designed and very attractive. I love the functions on the odometer, such as estimated miles to empty & estimated MPG. The car is very pretty, from the pin stripes on the side to the chrome inserts on front panel. It's a great little car!

Very Happy Owner
By David A on 04/04/08 07:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove an 08 Sentra, an 08 Civic twice, and I rented a Corolla for a couple of days. I test drove the Focus twice and I liked it a lot more than the other cars I drove. I did a ton of research before getting this. I actually traded an 07 Toyota Avalon for this car and it was a great decision. The Avalon was in for rattles twice and still had rattles, and it was in the shop for several days over 2 visits with oxygen sensor issues. Now I'm saving money on gas, insurance, and I actually like my car again. Nice ride, fun to drive, and great stereo.

Quietest and most refined ride in class.
By rower30 on 03/30/08 09:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Handling, gas mileage, ease of oil changes (oil filter and drain are directly under the engine so oil goes right in the drain pan). The 100,000 service intervals (chain cam drive, not expensive to replace belts) are nice. A very quiet stable ride, excellent engine noises (revs well and sounds good doing it) and generally pleasing looks inside and out won us over the others cars we reviewed. The five-speed transmission gets good marks and surprisingly, the auto version feels spritly, too. With the highest torque (136 ft-LB) at the lowest RPM (4250RPM) and almost the highest HP (140) at the lowest RPM (6000RPM) this engine matches to an auto better than the rest, too.

Ford's little winner
By mary on 03/29/08 17:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is first car I bought in 22 years and I love it. The seats are more comfortable than the Madza3 and Nissan Versa that I test drove. It handles great on country roads..no road noise. Suspension is smooth on rough roads. Gas mileage is god sent averaging 29-31 around town. Leather seats are great. Trunk is big with fold down backseat to increase hauling space. SYNC is great. Can't say enough good things about it and Ford for finally getting it right in the compact car area. Improved safety ratings all around 4 stars.

Focus SES
By tk on 03/29/08 08:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Focus handles great, has great power and I am getting 34mpg on the freeway at 65 mph. This little car is actually fun to drive. I have over 5000 miles in the first 5 weeks and have not had any problems I am 53 years young and considered this car for the economy. My F350 King Ranch has all the comfort I need but the fuel costs of 140 miles a day commute was killing me

46 year old found driving fun again
By HUGH LOWENSTEIN on 03/28/08 17:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Pure enjoyment and cost savings at the pump during these expensive times behind the wheel. With extra cash at the end of the month this car is a win-win situation. Very rare these days with all the blah, blah hype in the auto industry. This ride is honest and realistic in our current economy today. The faster you go the more fuel you'll need. But fast is what it likes best.

Love my Focus
By billd100 on 03/27/08 12:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Only had it a month. Mileage in mixed driving is 32 mpg. I got the Deluxe package which provides for better handling. Amazed at the standard equipment on such an economy car. Car is comfortable and roomy and I like it much better than most of the others in its class. It drives similarly to the VW Golf we rented in England a few years back. Don't care for the Pirelli P6 tires as we live where it gets cold and the traction in snow and ice is less than desirable.

Ford is Focused
By Ford is Focused on 03/26/08 06:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SE 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

If this the car that Ford is betting on for the future of its company, it's off to a great start. In my 30 years of driving, I've never owned a Ford. it was the best choice I could have made for my first Ford purchase. The handling, the style, the comfort, have made it a complete package worthy of calling it a Ford. Old Henry Ford would be proud of it. I've had nothing but praises by peple that have rode in it and those that look at it. I'm proud of what our American car companies can do when they set thier minds to it. Ford is really focused on building a quality product. Keep up the good work. I love my car.

Better then the Civic could ever be
By GMann27 on 03/25/08 09:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Focus SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

From the smooth quite ride, to the surprisingly athletic styling, to the exceptional power the Ford Focus does everything right. I was concerned with downgrading the size and power of my engine, so much so that I initially never thought of looking at the Focus. But the test drive up one of the steepest hills in my area proved that the power and acceleration I would need was present. Ford is years ahead of Honda with this car. SYNC is absolutely amazing and will be a major "deal breaker" in all future car purchase.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.