2002 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Ford should FOCUS more on Qual

2002 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

2002 Ford Focus

SE Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Ford should FOCUS more on Quality
By jim johnson on

2002 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Focus SE used; it was only a year old - just off a fleet lease in 2003. What got me to buy the car initially was the smooth/comfortable ride for such a small car and the awesome sound system. It was just fun to drive. I'm going into my 3rd year with this car (31,500 miles) and problems are arising already. So far: CD/stereo volume control seldom works, 3 out of the 4 heat/AC fan speeds don't work, the AC doesn't work at all, the fan whines & sputters when it does "work", no power to extra outlet, trunk lid closes shut 1/2 the time. It's becoming more & more clear to me why Toyota & Honda sales are rising and American car companies sales are declining. I see a Toyota in my future.

I loved every feature this car had to offer initially. You really couldn't ask for more in such a small car. But now with the problems arising, I can't wait to trade it in.

Quality-quality-quality! It should have been "Job-One", but it was just a catch-phrase obviously. Toyota & Honda have done it, so why doesn't the American companies? I for one, have no clue!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review