Used 2012 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

DUPED BY ECO-BOOST MPG
By flaf150lar

2012 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I too was duped by the MPG that Ford so proudly advertised you'd get with the new Eco-Boost 3.5L engine. I have had mine a year. I have a friend who bought the 5.0 v8 F150 and his gas mileage is far better than mine. Makes me mad since I paid more $$ for this engine to get less MPG. I would not recommend this engine to anyone unless you were pulling something all the time. Someone mentioned lights leaking, mine are also leaking and the visor mirror is in need of repair as the lid won't stay closed. Wish I would've listened to some of the reviews I read when I was buying this truck. My advice is don't buy the chrome package either, it turns out its all plastic and hard to keep clean.

Air conditioned seats, smooth ride, big back seat.

Make the truck with a tighter turn radius, improve gas mileage on Eco-boost or stop misleading people. Do something about leaking headlights and design a hood that will hide the wiper blades. Put gasket/molding around windshield to prevent easy cracking from rocks hitting the edge. Put lights under hood for the $$ these cost. more storage space needed under back seats.