2005 Ford F-150 Consumer Review: drive train vibratin' 3 valve

2005 Ford F-150 SuperCab - Consumer Review

drive train vibratin' 3 valve knockn' junk
By David Quinn on

2005 Ford F-150 4dr SuperCab XLT Rwd Styleside 8 ft. LB (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

I've been a loyal Ford brand buyer since '65; 23 units to date. My new 150 SuperCab 5.4 is a drivetrain vibrating 3 valve knocking nightmare. The dealer has had the vehicle on three separate occasions with excuses that started with the tires and now says a counter balance is needed to reduce (?) the vibration. I do not care if they changed driveshaft vendors and are having problems. I want a drivetrain that turns true. Period! The new 3 valve setup runs rougher than corn cob. The dealer blames it own Mother Ford and says the techies have not come up with a patch for the computer program that runs the darn thing without disturbing the tranny. I am in shock, mourning and complete disbelief.

Favorite Features

The new design is great. The interior is ergonomically correct. The seats are firm. The gauge cluster is easy on the eye.

Suggested Improvements

Stop whining & lying to your loyal customer base. Step up to the plate and fix the drivetrain problem now! Go back to the other vendor. Get rid of this new vendor's product. It don't work. the 5.4 3 valve computer problems must be solved now. GET BUSY!