1994 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
good truck
By mothertrucker on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

Have had a good experience with the truck. The truck looks aggressive and has a classic design. The 302 sounds really good with glaspacks on it. The previous owner was pretty rough with it, so the bed is starting to have a few rust spots. Fuel economy is decent, if I keep my foot out of it. Most of the repairs done stem from previous owner's abuse. Replaced brakes, master cylinder, fixed some body damage. Very good drivability, with good acceleration and handling. I love my truck!

Still going strong
By Rapid Transit on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

191,986 miles, 20.1 mph since new, no work done on engine, transmission,rear end, uses no oil( Shell Rotella T) since new, changed at 10,000 mile intervals. Competition can sink like a rock, I'll Take Ford Tough any day!

Dependable Truck
By unclejimbob on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

This has been a great truck for nine years - no major problems at all. I had the I-6 engine, which was proven through decades of service before, and the reliability shows it. I'm upgrading to a larger truck now, only because I want to pull a large horse trailer and carry a camper.

My Ford
By Dan W. on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I think they are excellent trucks. I have had a 300 motor and a 302 motor. They both get a 10.

Mediocre
By Ted in MT. on 12/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

If you have lots of time and money, keep it. Four speed overdrive transmission drops down when driving on long trips making the engine red line. Temperamental, many small repairs. Captains chairs too low. Wipers lousy as with all Fords.

my f 150
By mbailey on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

excellent truck, have owned for 8 years now . not one break down during this time. will definatly buy another one.

Has problems
By Jim Hertel on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I have had nothing but problems in the 75k I put on. I brought it in 11 times in the first 36k miles for everything from a speaker going out to the rear end making noise between 75-80mph (3 trips and still was never fixed). Replaced tranny at 65k. Front brake rotors were warped when I drove it home from dealer, now on 3rd set. Starter replaced. Screws are failing out of the molding, and the drivers door doesn't seal tight anymore. More little things then I can mention.

Big Red Truck
By J ay Devereux on 09/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Have had truck one year, was a one- owner non-work truck w/ 99K. Beautiful fire engine Red really stands out. Have only driven it 2000 miles but have really enjoyed. Strong 5.0 V-8 never waivers. Roomy cab comfortable. Nice factory mags. Imposing front grill. Have added Flowmasters,oversized tires, upscale Leonard shell, bullbar, steps. Looks great and is very muscular when time to work.

By Charles Kane on 09/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I take very good care of this truck as it my only transportation. I have replaced: 4 fan belts and tensioners, power steering unit, master cylinder twice, brakes twice, radiator, front gas tank,emergency brake cables twice, tires 4 times, tie rods, wind shield, wiper blades twice, tail pipe clamp twice, radio, front end alinement twice, various lamps, bolts, hoses, etc. I change oil and filter every 2 months, air filter every 6 months, and check tire pressure frequently.

In for the Long Haul
By Dave in Mo on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

Purchased the truck new and have put 144K on it. Plan to keep until 250K or 300K. Inline 6 300CI engine is Very Tough and reliable. Never been touched. 5 Speed box is very good. Clutch very good. A/C, power steering, power brakes never been touched. Body excellent but doesn't have the fit or finish of a GM truck. Bad Points...Brakes lousy in wet weather since day one. Hydraulic clutch actuator is REALLY bad. Works great but is made out of plastic so has to be replaced periodically.