Used 1994 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

1994 Ford F-150

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

The truck you need to git-r-done
By greentland

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Regular Cab LB

I'm a landscape contractor and have used this truck as the workhorse of my business. The 5.0l V8 gives me all the power I need to tow 6000 pounds with confidence. I love the appearance of these trucks. They just look cool ... period. I will admit however that she's got a bit of a sweet tooth for gasoline. I'm talkin' 15 mpg down hill with a stiff tail wind. That goes down to 11 mpg with a trailer. I tell ya though, in the unlikely event that it took a dump tomorrow, I'd go out and find another just like it. P.S. I dressed it up a little with a 16" stainless air horn ... just for that little somthin' extra!

Favorite Features

The looks! These trucks have a certain presence when they come up behind you at a red light.

Suggested Improvements

Weep holes in the wheel well trim so it won't rust.

Review 1994 Ford F-150
By Danny

1994 Ford F-150 XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought my Ford F-150 XL SB from my Dad 4 years ago. It had 111K on it. I had a brand new Jeep Cherokee and sold it to buy my Dad's. It was very clean and was finally broken in for me. My Dad bought a new 2002 Ford F-150 thinking the 1994 had too many miles to do any traveling. After driving his 2002 for a couple of months, he wanted his old one back. Sorry Dad, I waited 9 years to get this one!

Favorite Features

It's solid and simple.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel Pump.

Built Ford Tough
By Happy

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have owned this truck since it was new in 1994. It currently has 210K on it and still runs like new. I have replace consumables; i.e., water pump, battery, alternator. Nothing major until I replaced the suspension last year. This two wheel drive outperformed many on the trail, in snow storms and through rivers and stream beds. No complaints, I'd do it again.

Favorite Features

This truck has never let me down. It has not necessarily been given the best of care and still has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Even with the 4.9L I-6 this truck tows incredibly well; boats, horses and up mountain roads.

Suggested Improvements

The changes I would have made to this model since 1994 were to the interior only and have since been incorporated into the newer models.

Very GOOD Truck !
By John Griffiths

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

My folks bought this used truck back in '96. I got to drive it from Arizona to Seattle, WA. I revisited them in August 2004, and the truck only had 49K miles on it. So, I took it down to have a front end alignment and 2 new front tires on it. Perfect Ride! Paint, exterior and interior is in excellent like condition. So, I bought it. Some I-beam suspension/alignment design problems due to sag (cam adjustments/ball joints) but still in specs. NICE!

Favorite Features

Extra room in extended cab, power windows, good A/C, engine HUMS! Nice cloth seats, Fiberglass topper and side runners are a nice added feature. Everything is excellent compared to the '70 & 75 Ford trucks I've owned. Maintenance low.

Suggested Improvements

Hmmm, maybe fuel economy - but, what do you expect for a truck with a 5.0 V8 302 engine, fuel injected, with a topper, bed liner and all the power features and comfort it has. After 11 years and only 78k miles it's a lot better than the '70 & '75 Ford pickup and the '64 Dodge I owned in the past.

F-150 XLT Extended Cab 2WD
By MoKan driver

1994 Ford F-150 XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

We have had this truck for 8 years; drove it as a courier vehicle for the first 3 years. Has 244,000 miles on it and still runs well. Starts every day even in extreme cold. Has been a very reliable vehicle.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, good looks, electric windows, extended cab. Holds 6 people comfortably.

Suggested Improvements

Dash rattles on rough roads, don't like velour seats, hard to move around on. Seat belts are uncomfortable.