1991 Ford F-150 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:
Fun truck but a lemon
By kyle on 10/16/05 14:53 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Great truck for hard road until about 40,000 miles; pin broke in engine and it had to be rebuilt. 60,000 miles, transmission had to be rebuilt; has a history of problems and after talking to many different owners, sellers, repair shops, the '91 F150 has a long history of major repairs. Transmission is too small for truck, which appears to be a history problem with Ford products. Universal joint had to be replaced at about 50,000, and so on. This truck was rarely used off road except to keep the 4x4 system lubed. Paint had heavy oxidation at about 20,000 miles; easily comes back with every buff or chemical oxidation removal.

Bubba
By Jeffrey Berezo on 08/10/05 12:41 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

I love my 1991 F150. My wife named him Bubba, quite appropriately. Runs great, was inexpensive, near perfect condition. Does everything my lifestyle commands. If I were to ever lose it, I would feel like my right arm was cut off.

MY Beast
By 91F150GUY on 05/24/05 17:21 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford F-150 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck has been nothing but great to me and I have beaten it to death. I bought this truck intending to use it as a truck, so I have pushed it hard. My family is a Ford family and I know that they last a long time even when you push them hard. We have a 15 passenger van and I have a family of 14 and we have beaten that van since the day we bought it in 1994. It still runs well to this day with 180,000, with no major mechanical problems. My truck has 171,000 and is still running strong; nothing has been rebuilt.

Show and tell
By Bruce Keen on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab LB

Good pick-up, will keep for many more years.

one long haul
By Ford Paradise on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab LB

i bought this truck from my uncle, who used it as a consruction truck. so far it has had a long, hard life, but it keeps on coming. it has about 375k miles on it now, and the only thing i have had to do to it is replace the radiator, and do a tune-up and do regular mainteanance. it has a 300ci motor in it, and has been truckin forever. i love this truck

Great work/fun vehicle
By cali_scotsman on 03/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I'd describe mine as a cadillac on stilts-- the seat is like an extreamly comfortable couch, driving is very smooth and easy, and easy shifting from 2H, 4H, N, and 4L. Very roomy-- 5 1/2 foot wide inside cab and plenty of head space. Definately look into these.

F150 XLT Lariat
By Mic on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck has been the most reliable vehicle i have ever owned. I have only had to do basic maintenance. The body has held up exceptionally well considering the snow & salt of Ohio.

lookin good
By bandit2x69 on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat 2dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

awesome truck, needs better feel to the seating on long trips..other than that it has been great.