2006 Ford Explorer Consumer Review: Baby Blue

2006 Ford Explorer - Consumer Review

XLT 4dr SUV (4.6L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic)

Baby Blue
By melkitho on

2006 Ford Explorer XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I love my new baby. I am the previous owner of 2 Explorers. My most recent being a 2000. The difference between the two is like light years. I love how smooth and quiet the ride is now. In my old truck I always felt like I was riding with my windows down. This one is also more spacious than my old one. I love almost everything about this SUV. It also looks more like a luxury vehicle inside, and rides like a luxury car. Not an SUV. Good job Ford.

The interior design, system computer, the handle on the inside of the lift gate, the horsepower, the ride and feel of the car on the road. I especially like the fact that I can hit the smaller potholes and not get tossed around in my car like I used to in the old truck.

The interior door handles (what were they thinking?), the position of the window controls. I think I am putting my window down and I am putting the back windows down. The gaps left after putting the 3rd row seating down, GAS MILEAGE, the head rest on the rear right seat blocks your view.