Used 1998 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

1998 Ford Expedition

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

98_Exp
By Great 98 EB

1998 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this in 2005 with 134,000 miles on it. I now have 299,200 miles on it now. The usual things replaced on a 5.4 like COP's starter, alternator and shift activator. Body and interior in top condition. It hasn't spit any plugs out as I've heard on other cases. It's a 98 EB Pacific Green with tan interior. I put a satellite radio in it, custom grill and grill in the bumper. custom 17 inch wheels. I believe this is one vehicle that was built on a good day.
No one believes it has that many miles on it. I own other vehicles, but this is one I drive the most.

Take it from a truck lover, this SUV is off the charts for ford
By thebbc

1998 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

I brought a 1998 5.4L Eddie with 102,000 miles in Nov 2004. It's now Jan 2013 with 190,00 and this dam thing runs like its on steriods. Just got back from a 1,000 mile round trip with ease. Only problem in 9 years of ownership was an altenator replaced because I helped try to start someone's bmw and it damaged the unit. I look forward to another 75,000 miles (knock on wood) before I even consider sending it to the local car sales lot for retirement.

"All wheel drive" function, leather seats, engine is solid. Trans will pull a tank. Air sup is out of this world.

Nothing

Ultimate Truck
By crushchevy

1998 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought the truck in febraury with 125,000 miles on it. Got the brakes fixed and windows resealed. So far this truck is great. It communtes me to and from school everyday, and has always started in the morning, even with -10 to -30 temps. I baby her, she doesn't pull trailers, and nobody drives her but me. I don't let anyone else start her either. It's quite fun to intimidate GM Ethuthusiants at my school, and I think Expeditions look WAYY better than Suburbans. Overall, definitly get this vehicle, you will not regret it.

Limited stock Chrome rims Bright tail and headlights, even for such an old vehicle Leather is nice inside Miles till empty computer and exterior temp Two-tone paint Smooth V8, smooth shifting

Gas mileage (really nothing can be done) bigger V8

ford expedition off road
By jorge9473

1998 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

i have 7 years with my suv and im happy because is so powerfull and never stock in the mud,dunes and rocks. last 2 months i already install FOX RACING SHOX 3.0,BF GOODRICH MUD TERRAIN KM2 285/70/17 and EAGLE ALLOYS RIMS series 058 size 17.my truck is color gray,5.4,4x4,300hp,original paint,its like new i only espend 45dlls at week,have only 170000miles. i love ford

I'm a believer
By SpGator

1998 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my expedition in 2004 with 85k miles on the clock to pull my boat. It tows like a champ btw. I had never owned a domestic vehicle (past vehicles-Honda, Acura, Nissan, VW (crap), and back to Honda) so I wasn't expecting much of a vehicle. Oh boy has my perception changed with this SUV. It now has 110k on the clock and it still is extremely reliable. Only issues so far are normal wear and tear items. Heater core went bad around 100k, some corrosion, otherwise, it's been rock solid. I think I'll ride this thing into the ground hopefully at least another 150k miles later :)