Used 1995 Ford Escort Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

I love my GT
By A.J.

1995 Ford Escort GT 2dr Hatchback

My Escort GT has been an excellent car for nearly ten years. It is fun to drive plus I can throw just about anything in the back. I feel it's as functional as an SUV but much more fun to drive.

My Favorite car
By big scott

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

Most dependable car I have ever owned. Still has original spark plugs in it and still gets 33 mpg!

Well it got to me to and form work
By FunkySaceCowboy

1995 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

Always started, nothing in the drivetrain ever broke in the 15 months I owned it. Cargo space and flexibility sold me on the hatchback design for future cars. Great milage. Bad points: Noisey, bad sound system, very uncomfortable for longer (30 minutes) trips. Lots of interior features were broken: auto-seatbelts, hi-beam switch, rear defrost button (fell into dash), thermostat etc... Ford seemed to put a lot of effort into building a reliable, low maintenance drivetrain in the Escort this year but really cheaped out on the interior bits and driver comfort features. It never ceased to remind me that I was driving an economy car.

Gas milage, reliability, cargo space.

Better build quality, better sound system, more comfortable seats, more focus on interior bits so the driver isn't constantly reminded that their in an econobox.

great first car!
By pacothechihuahua01

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

When I had just turned 16 I asked dad for help getting a car. He didn't tell me but went out and bought a 95 escort that was a company car and had 153000 miles on it. To top it off it was purple. I wasn't crazy about the color but i was glad to have my own wheels. I no longer have this car because it finally died, but i can't complain since it had over 200,000 miles on it, not sure of actual milage because odometer broke and i have to get a new one that read 100k less than what i had on it. great car, few problems , inner tie rods. brakes!

pick up with 5speed

brakes went waaaaaaay too fast, i'm not a crazy driver either.

Good little car
By Yves St-Louis/Joe

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

I recommend this car to anybody who need good reliable economical basic transportation. After 125k other than normal maintenance the only part i changed was the alternator rear coil spring and front wheel bearings. But parts are not cheap Hope the focus is as good as this one

Good gas milleage undestructible powerplant easy to live with and good torque from 1st to 3rd gear (manual)

Noisy could use more power and very poor paint quality (paint flaking)