Used 1995 Ford Escort Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

My Favorite car
By big scott

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

Most dependable car I have ever owned. Still has original spark plugs in it and still gets 33 mpg!

Well it got to me to and form work
By FunkySaceCowboy

1995 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

Always started, nothing in the drivetrain ever broke in the 15 months I owned it. Cargo space and flexibility sold me on the hatchback design for future cars. Great milage. Bad points: Noisey, bad sound system, very uncomfortable for longer (30 minutes) trips. Lots of interior features were broken: auto-seatbelts, hi-beam switch, rear defrost button (fell into dash), thermostat etc... Ford seemed to put a lot of effort into building a reliable, low maintenance drivetrain in the Escort this year but really cheaped out on the interior bits and driver comfort features. It never ceased to remind me that I was driving an economy car.

Favorite Features

Gas milage, reliability, cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

Better build quality, better sound system, more comfortable seats, more focus on interior bits so the driver isn't constantly reminded that their in an econobox.

great first car!
By pacothechihuahua01

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Sedan

When I had just turned 16 I asked dad for help getting a car. He didn't tell me but went out and bought a 95 escort that was a company car and had 153000 miles on it. To top it off it was purple. I wasn't crazy about the color but i was glad to have my own wheels. I no longer have this car because it finally died, but i can't complain since it had over 200,000 miles on it, not sure of actual milage because odometer broke and i have to get a new one that read 100k less than what i had on it. great car, few problems , inner tie rods. brakes!

Favorite Features

pick up with 5speed

Suggested Improvements

brakes went waaaaaaay too fast, i'm not a crazy driver either.

Good little car
By Yves St-Louis/Joe

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

I recommend this car to anybody who need good reliable economical basic transportation. After 125k other than normal maintenance the only part i changed was the alternator rear coil spring and front wheel bearings. But parts are not cheap Hope the focus is as good as this one

Favorite Features

Good gas milleage undestructible powerplant easy to live with and good torque from 1st to 3rd gear (manual)

Suggested Improvements

Noisy could use more power and very poor paint quality (paint flaking)

Only a crash could stop it!
By Bryant & Christy

1995 Ford Escort LX 4dr Wagon

155,000 miles and it was still going strong until it got t-boned at an intersection. It was driven pretty hard, over 80 miles a day on the highways at 65-75 mph. It had some significant repairs but overall it didn't have $18,000 in it over almost nine years including purchase price. An axle problem early on was covered under the warranty. The only long-term problem was a flaky electrical system. Recommend tires with higher heat rating to prevent wear if driven heavy.

Favorite Features

Good family-size car for the money. Excellent gas mileage (33-34 mpg highway)

Suggested Improvements

Work out bugs in the electrical system and allow axle repairs without having to replace the whole assembly.