1991 Ford Escort Consumer Review: I love this car

1991 Ford Escort Hatchback - Consumer Review

I love this car
By Karla in PA on

1991 Ford Escort LX 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car as a high school junior because I needed my own transportation to work. I had limited funds and the Escort seemed just perfect at $750. I have had the car for almost 1.5 years now and I have not been disappointed at all. This car is small and cute. I get wonderful gas mileage (~29/35) and there's little maintenance. My friends are all jealous of my car! It has almost 100,000 (or 200,000; I can't tell because of the 6 digit odometer) and still runs better than my father's '05 Pontiac. The only problem is that the A/C doesn't run very cold, but hey, at least it runs. I would recommend this car to anyone. It runs like new and will never leave you stranded. Surely a great buy!

Outstanding gas mileage is second only to hybrids and motor scooters. Engine runs strong. Manual transmission is very forgiving for learners. Just generally a good car!

The A/C could be better and my car whistles when accelerating in fifth gear. It's a minor annoyance but the only problem I've experienced with the car.