2008 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Review: Good job

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV - Consumer Review

Good job
By Richard on

2008 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is the first new Ford I purchased in 29 years. I traded in a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee. In fact the last 5 new SUV's I purchased were Jeep Grand Cherokees. After 2 years of driving the 2005 Jeep I had enough of the poor service and lack of concern by Jeep. I was hesitant to purchase and did quite a bit of research before doing so and glad I did. The Escape Hybrid is fun to drive, has better visibility, and the gas mileage is twice that of the Jeep! We did drive the Toyota Highlander Hybrid and the bottom line was about the same but I am tall enough that when getting in and out of the Toyota I scraped my head, this is not the case with the Ford. Also, GM has nothing to offer in hybrids.

Since we have to other 4-wheel drive SUV's we purchased the Escape Hybrid with FWD, but we purchased every option available including the navigation system. We did not have a navigation system of the last Jeep and the system is costly but worth the money.

I really like everything about the Escape although I must admit the only down side is that it is not as roomy as the Jeep. It would be nice if Ford could add the Hybrid to the Explorer as I will be interested in purchasing another this year.