2007 Ford Escape Hybrid Consumer Review: Love my AWD SUV hybrid

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid - Consumer Review

Love my AWD SUV hybrid
By alicep on

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded in my 4.0 liter 2002 4X4 Ford Ranger for this SUV. I had stopped driving my truck because the gas mileage was 14mpg. I only drove it to the mountains and then three people didn't fit comfortably. I can't wait to take this in the snow. I've had this vehicle 4 months and love it. It's so smooth and it's fun trying to keep it on electric. But I miss peeling out like I did in my truck and no more doughnuts in the snow! The power took a little getting used to. It doesn't throw you back in the seat when you step on it, but it gets up and goes so smoothly you don't even notice the acceleration.

I love the room in the back. I was able to pull into a rest area, fold the seats down in back, and comfortably lie down and sleep. I like the roominess. I love that it's a gas saving SUV! It looks good and I swear by Ford reliability. It's so quiet. Great stock stereo!

For the price, I wish it had more luxury features. Needs a place to put cell phone and the stereo needs an iPod jack. But I wouldn't change what it has.