Used 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:
Great Decision!
By gman on 03/17/07 15:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really enjoy the decision to buy a Hybrid Ford Escape. The overall quality is excellent. The piece of mind knowing that I can have great gas mileage, protecting the environment and also not send money over to the Middle East is worth every penny. I also enjoy the same benefits of a regular SUV concerning cargo space and overall flexibility. The only downside is the interior design, very simple (I can't believe there is not a holder for a cell phone!) Overall, very happy with the purchase.

Great Value
By HLS on 03/17/07 08:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Fun to drive. Handles well. Quick steering response. Adequate acceleration from a stop. Excellent acceleration for passing. Driving a lot of highway miles and still averaging 29. Have seen 33 in city driving. They could have done a better job on front seat creature comforts, i.e. cup holders, change holders and sun glass holder. Safety features were a consideration in buying. Road noise is a little loud but not terrible. Overall a great buy.

First hybrid
By TeichRA on 02/25/07 11:23 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The vehicle works as advertised. I find the mileage is a touch better than shown on the sticker.

1st American Car in 25 years and I'm Happy
By GuitarGuy on 02/13/07 22:06 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had the Escape for 2 weeks and it's performing as advertised. I got over 30mpg on the first tank of gas, and that will improve. The 15 minute MPG gauge has shown as high as 37mpg. If I were to complain about performance it would be the body roll when cornering, but this is a SUV with a high center of gravity and a little body roll is to be expected. The GPS/radio is disappointing. Small screen, and the CD changer is under the seat. Sound quality is average, and no iPod connection. It does otherwise work properly. If GPS/radio is important to you, might wait to see the 2008 upgrade. It wasn't a deal-breaker for me, but Ford could do better. Improve this and its a 10.

Lower then expected mpg
By Dave on 02/04/07 10:13 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I liked the interior & exterior design and wanted to do the right 'green' thing so I spent the extra dollars on the 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid. Now I'm extremely disappointed with the 21 mpg city driving it provides. Certainly not the 33 mpg advertised. I drain the little 15 gallon tank in no time. It stinks.

Nice size and economy too
By BKS on 01/27/07 12:23 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Car gets decent mileage, about 27 to 29 mpg in realistic driving. Could use some repositioning of buttons, e.g., seat warmers not on center console but on side of seat. Beware of the "tax credit" - it deflates on a ratio to income. My $2600 ended up being $159; the economy is still there but caution on the credit sliding scale. Overall, a great car!

Escape to a Minnesota Winter
By Minnesota Mark on 01/20/07 07:45 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the Escape Hybrid AWD for two reasons - exhaust emissions and fuel economy. I will assume the emissions are meeting my expectations. The fuel economy? Nowhere near the ratings of 33/29 for city/highway. During this mild Minnesota winter I am only getting around 23 mpg. Granted itís better than the 16 mpg I got in the winter with my 2003 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ, but the Hybrid is much less of a vehicle than the Trailblazer. I will say that the Escape with its front-wheel drive tracks better in snow than the Trailblazer. For my first hybrid vehicle the Escape is adequate.

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid FWD w/ leather and navigation
By keremnathan on 01/15/07 14:08 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We just purchased a new FEH in Houston. We went with the premium package with the silver exterior. Overall, it looks great inside and out. The ride is comfortable, great at handling the uneven and unpredictable city streets. I wouldn't recommend it for off-road use or for towing. We traded in a 2.8L Audi A4 which was a great drivers car, very difficult to accelerate modestly. The FEH actually encourages the driver to accelerate and brake slowly to keep the gas engine off and reduce fuel consumption. Overall, our initial impression has been positive.

Better than expected
By D. Wilson on 01/02/07 12:33 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've been driving this car for over four months now and it has outperformed my expectations. Gas mileage is at 29.6, and I drive all highway miles. It handles like a foreign car, is incredibly smooth, and looks sharp (appearance package). Acceleration leaves something to be desired, but I find myself driving in a safer, more fuel efficient manner when the ability to peel off the line is no longer an option. All in all this car has performed far better than I anticipated.

Hybrid Rocks
By Nan on 12/31/06 22:55 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The surprise is how nimble footed and energetic the Ford Escape is. I considered the import name brands but canvassed coworkers and found a lot of the engineers at the lab had opted for the Escape so I took it for a test drive. The model I got comes loaded and I have no regrets!