Used 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Escape Hybrid model:

Love it!
By Pirate

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I now have over 15,000 miles on our Ford Escape Hybrid (4WD). The average gas mileage is 29.3 MPG which is within the EPA estimate for this SUV. My wife and I love the SUV. I did all the research at the time comparing the Escape with all the other SUV on the market in its class and am more than happy that we purchased the Escape Hybrid. The SUV has been great so far the only exception is I wish the door gaskets would be heavy duty as they can be damaged fairly easily just through normal usage. Both front doors show wear on their door gaskets. The driver's side was replaced several months ago. Other than that it's a great SUV. Actually it's fun to drive. Great SUV. Thanks Ford. Just love it!

The Escape Hybrid is very reliable, fun to drive & well thought out in its design. Recommend a back up alarm (audible) & a camera (visual) this is money well spent, especially on us older folks (senior citizens). This SUV has been a joy to own and drive My wife and I both love to drive it.

The door gaskets can be damaged very easily, just through normal use. They are poorly fabricated, this had to be a cost savings measure on the part of Ford. Expect to relpace a door gasket every few years. Replaced the driver's side once and am careful getting in & out but still shows wear.

Don't believe the fuel estimate!
By Mark

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The 2007 Hybrid FWD is rated at 36mpg in the city. Don't believe it! Almost all my driving is in the city. I get only 23-24mpg. Even turning the A/C off adds only 1mpg. The Ford dealer said it needed to be driven for 2,000-3,000 miles to be broken in before the mileage would improve. After 5,000 the mileage is still the same. I know you never get the rated mpg, but 30%+ less is fraud!

Rear window opens.

More interior holders, including cell phone and trash container.

Ford beats Toyota on this one!
By rwolf01

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've owned Toyotas for 20 years and love my Prius, but Toyota blew it with the Highlander Hybrid. It's too big and the mileage just isn't good enough. In college I swore I'd never own another American car, but the Escape Hybrid turned me around. It's brilliant. With the 4WD it goes anywhere I want including rough dirt roads and deep snow.... and it gets 50% better mileage than my old 4- runner. I've tried to break it. I took it fast and fully loaded up a steep mountain highway to see if I could run the battery down.... no way. It just works. I get an honest 28-30 MPG average with the 4WD. Avoid the factory Nav system. Buy a Garmin instead.

The price! The sealed battery pack. I can throw scuba gear dripping salt water in the back, and not worry about trashing the battery. Leather seats are nice and have held up well. (The cloth seats looked cheap to me)

Rethink interior details. Little things like adding a sunglass holder make a big difference. A bigger gas tank would be nice. (The mileage goes down on dirt roads. That's not the car's fault, but you gotta plan for it.) Fire Kermit. It's not just for tree huggers... it's a very practical car.

Good Performance, Fun to drive SUV
By Dani B

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV AWD (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my Ford Escape hybrid, it looks great, is fun to drive, and gets pretty good gas mileage. I usually get around 28-30 mpg, and I am usually in the 28 range. I wish the gas mileage was a little bit better. The inside is nice and it is a solid car.

Navigation, hybrid technology, heated seats, 6 disc CD changer.

Ford definetly is behind in the stereo department! I would have thought for a high end "top of the line" package, I would have expected at least an mp3 hookup, steering wheel stereo controls, and a bigger navigation screen. So, I am definetly a little bummed that the stereo is a little lame.

Crazy if you don't buy one
By 928s4t

2007 Ford Escape Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am getting 35 miles a gallon, yet I am driving a SUV that is comfortable and looks good. It does not get better than that. I am looking to buy a second (used) Escape. No serious complaints, however, it would be nice if you could add the MP3 option to the factory Navigation/radio setup. The 2008 might be quieter, but I like the looks for the 2007 better.

Great mileage

It would be nice if you could add the MP3 option to the factory Navigation/radio setup.