1997 Ford Crown Victoria - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
97 Crown Victoria
By Pgodio1 on 11/30/08 20:09 PM (PST)

1997 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan

These cars are built to last! You can beat them and they run forever. They last ten times longer than any civilian vehicle. I had a 94 CVPI that I sold with 250,000 miles on it. still running strong. The Crown vic is a beast, a bear in the winter!

Recalled a lot
By DJ on 06/03/08 09:38 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in 2005 with only 89,000 miles on it. Shortly after buying it the passenger window stopped working, then the accelerator cable broke, the brake sensor broke, so the car wouldn't start, then the rear drivers window stopped working, the heating and air conditioning smells like mold, on fleet vehicles this was recalled and fixed for the 1997, the ball joints are loose, also been recalled on fleet vehicles, the seat belt clasp broke and the car has been recalled twice for a faulty cruise control, after getting it replaced my check engine light came on and I am now looking for a new car. This will be my last Ford, as they just don't make a good car anymore.

200,000 still my favorite of all
By Bamawayne on 08/30/07 08:16 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Our Crown Vic has been the most enjoyable automobile we have ever owned. The only thing that has been replaced was the plastic intake manifold. I took it to the shop last week to have the front end aligned, it had been 5 years since it had been to a mechanic, they told me there was nothing wrong with the suspension. It still has all the original parts, nothing has been changed. I have kept it serviced; oil changed every 5000 miles, 4 sets of brake shoes, transmission serviced 2 times, 2 sets of spark plugs, my wife has totaled her minivan and wants another Crown Vic.

Police Interceptor
By T Morgan on 11/18/05 00:39 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my '97 Crown Vic Police Interceptor from an estate sale. It has 72,000 miles on it, never registered as a police car. It has all the heavy duty extras of a police car. On the road I get 24.5 MPG, great for a large car. I haven't had any problems with it until recently. The intake manifold is plastic composite material. It cracked and the engine began leaking anti-freeze. Costs me $1100 to fix. This hasn't been a recall yet. I found out it is a common problem with Crown Vics and Mustangs of this era. Who would have thought Ford would have used plastic composite in a place engine heat is terrific. I could write a book about people who thinks I'm a cop! They slow down.

One of the Best Crown Victorias
By Henry C. on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Vic a year ago and have loved every minute of it. It is the Last year of that body style and it has the New Crown Voctoria Interior design. Lovin' it! It gets up and goes without hesitation and brakes on a dime.

97 Police Package
By drberetta on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan

This car is great. Fast, roomy, reliable and comfortable. The police seats are super supportive. 115,000 miles and still plenty of power when you need it. Heavy duty suspension that still gives a comfortable quiet ride. I highly recommend picking on up.

97 Crown Vic
By panther on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

Have 186,000 beat the snot out of it miles...original owner. 10% on bad dirt roads. Regular 3000 mile oil changes and tires rotations. Only replaced the intake manifold, defect, likely...a vaor line that wore on the frame, door latch and brakes (many, but easy and cheap). Also have a fuel leak I have to find from tank area, but guessing I will get another 10-40k out of it. Seems to have at least 90% of as new performance. Have a 95 Grand Marquis with 85k (also bought new)...so it's just getting broken in. Incredible vehicle.

p71 police interceptor
By qunicy on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Crown Victoria 4dr Sedan

this car is a heck of a lot of fun. if you can get a used police car get one.people wont tailgate you and give you plenty of room on the freeway.police package gives you heavy duty frame,oil and trans coolers, and heavy duty suspension. plus long life silicone hoses.the only drawback is the interior but when you can insert a lincoln ls leather interior.all is good

Hanover Ford
By Dick Wolan on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a used vehicle and 2001 (four years old) and was very surprised at the quiet and comfortable ride. It is a pleasure to drive this vehicle. I was looking for an SUV originally but after test-driving this car my search was over. I paid $11,977 in August of 2001 for a 1997 model year car! Was I crazy? A friend told me I should be able to get 150,000 miles from this vehicle. I currently have 103,000 miles on this car.

97 crown victoria
By paul cardin on 11/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Crown Victoria LX 4dr Sedan

this car drives itself.plenty of room and comfort. lots of power,quiet and smooth.with the motor running and the hood open you cant here any noise.did ford steal jaguar drive train.complete pleasure to own.best large car.