1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aerostar model:
This is one of my best!
By dog1 on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan AWD

No major problems since bought. Great quality. Only had to replace normal stuff- tires,battery etc. Would recommend this to anyone. Ford makes a great car!!

Just as I was gonna give up on Ford
By JustinSki on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan 3dr Cargo Minivan

This van is a bear. I can't kill it. I've doubled the milage on it, it taken every bit of abuse I can throw at it. This thing is tough. I bought it from a friend who apparently is clinically unable to change oil in a vehicle and he put 120,000 miles on it with no major repairs, and now I've run it up to 220,000 with no repairs, worries, squeaks, rattles or concerns. I'm in the process of selling it (need a full size) but it breaks my heart to see it go. Ford shoulda never killed this one off. Especailly to relace it with that garbage Windstar.

Aerostar still going
By Tony40 on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

This is my 4th Aerostar, and I still love it. I can’t find anything out there to replace it without stepping up to a big van (to do this I would have to sacrifice my great fuel economy 18/23). I bought my first Aerostar, an '89, in 1991, put 192,000 miles on it. My next one was a '92 that I traded with 132,000 miles. My next one was a '91. It was totaled (rear-ended) with only 99,000 miles. My current Aerostar, I bought to replace the totaled '91, is a 1995 with 155,000 miles on it. I still take it on family vacations. Out of all 4 Aerostars, I have not done any engine overhauls or tranny jobs. Just normal repairs including changing fluids regularly.

Perfect Colorado Family Car
By wwadams on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan AWD

We haul everything everywhere with this van. Despite warnings about potentially faulty automatic transmissions, we've not had ANY mechanical system problems. We bought the Aerostar because we wanted 4WD and we liked the fact that it's built on a truck, not car, chassis. When pulling our 22' sailboat or horse trailer (we only pull one horse, since two is on the hairy edge of this 6 cyl engine's capability), sometimes the AC cuts off going up a hill. But at 5-9,000 feet altitude, we think that's acceptable. With a carload of kids, I like the dependabiity and knowledge that my Aerostar will get me safely and predictably to my destination.

gave up my aerostar for a suburban
By tara on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Minivan

What a mistake that was. My van had 145,000 and still ran strong. I wanted something newer and biger. So we bought a suburban, had it one month and it broke down. should have kept the aerostar. bought it with 105,000 miles and only changed the belts and a starter motor . I never even got an oil change,

Greatest Van
By dkmart on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan AWD

We purhased this vehicle with 75000 miles it now has 161000 miles on it. I am very pleased with this van. I have replaced cv joints on both axles,brakes,and tires. Motor runs great uses no oil . This is my 2nd Aerostar the first one was totalled out about a moth after we bought it. We were hit broad side at 50 mph. van was pushed 3 lanes accross the road we walked away without a scrath.

Not bad, but.......
By Jonin Ray on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Minivan

I have to dmit that after going though one transmission, 3 starters, one water pump, one air conditioner, and two side door latches...it has come time for me to part with the Aerostar and since they don't make it anymore and I can't find another (would by one if it was a '97), I am going to switch to a Chevy Astro or GMC Safari. Too bad they stopped making it and went to the Windstar...they Safari/Astro would have good competition.

owner review
By Marty O'Donnell on 11/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan AWD

The Aerostar was the largest minivan back in 1995. It has terrific interior space. The ride is very smooth. Vehicle is heavy so brakes don't last long. Great for towing camper, boat, etc. Not as safe as it's replacement, the Windstar. Much more reliable, though. It has been a good van, even at 100K.

Old Faithful
By Mrs. G on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Minivan

What a great van for the $$. It has been very reliable with only repairs to the brakes (which I assume is considred maintenance) and 2 seat belt clasps. We spend a lot of time on the road loaded with teenagers and luggage and have not been left stranded. On October 3rd, it was in a roll over accident, and in spite of 4 complete rolls, it held up beautifully. The 3 seatbelted passengers received only moderate cuts and bruising. I am definately looking for another Aerostar!

Ford Aerostar
By Kevin Kurtz on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Minivan

No major mechanical problems, very reliable. After going 90,000 miles, I have not had to do any maintenance other than oil changes.