Used 1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan

View reviews for a specific Aerostar model:

1995 AWD AEROSTAR
By Allen Ballard

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan AWD

My third AWD Aerostar and best yet. I own a second 1995 AWD, my first Aerostar was a 1990 short van. All 3 vans have have been rock solid dependable with normal maintenance issues such as front CV boots, steering knuckles/bearings being the most costly, occurring in the 130-140K mile range. These vans were built at Hazelwood, MO by some of the best people that Ford has. I enjoyed working with St Louis Assembly as a supplier QA Engineer for over 13 years so I speak from experience. Both vans have over 184K and plenty of life remaining. I am now considering another 97 AWD model. Gas mileage = 17- 20mpg & same as a Windstar which has less room and utility. Aerostar's build quality is far superior.

All Wheel Drive - GREAT in snow & gravel. Easy maintenance; oil & air filter, brakes, cooling, etc, but spark plug & wires are hard. Tips: Inspect CV boots for tears at oil changes, Rotate tires regular & replace 4 tires at same time - minimizes potential transmission and transfer case problems.

Ford needs a medium van design choice again. With the new multi-vehicle build plants like Dearborn this should not present a capacity or extra plant issue. Only cost to design. Ford may find a ready market of buyers for it.

Sorry I Bought This Van
By momof4

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Minivan

This vehicle has cost me over $1k every year in repairs since I purchased it. From a hydraulic arm on the hatch spontaneously breaking (and flying through the van, very dangerous) to numerous engine issues, I have to give this one up. I just sank another $980.00 into it less than a week before I drove it from WA to CA. We returned from our trip last Sunday with a burned out transmission. From what I've seen and read about this car, you either get an excellent vehicle or a complete lemon. Guess which one I got?

Very roomy interior, comfortable driver's seat.

Too many to list.

A great minivan
By RHS

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan AWD

This van has never let me down.

4wheel drive, front and rear air and its towing ability are my favorite features.

4WD Aerostar
By Robert

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan AWD

This 4 liter 4WD Aerostar has been a very dependable and very versatile vehicle for our large family.

4WD and the front and rear air and heat.

not the best
By needacar

1995 Ford Aerostar Minivan XLT 3dr Ext Minivan

We bought this van 1 1/2 years ago,
and have done nothing but pour money
into it. The whole engine has given
out, the cam shaft is broke, both
heads cracked, we've had to put in a
new radiator, water pump, rack and
pinion, and other things I am too
frustrated to remember. A lousy deal
for us. Beware.

Ours had built in safety seats for the kids, I liked that