The Design Standard City Car
By dwink9909 on
2012 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)
I only have a few hundred miles on my Fiat 500 Pop hatchback, but my initial impression and every bit of available research and feedback tell me that Fiat has hit the mark with this Americanized version of their hit European city car. Even at 6' 5" and 240 pounds, I fit easily in the cabin and like everything about the driving and pedal positions, clutch, shifter, steering and all the features, from steering wheel controls to "sport" mode selection. My Fiat handles well, both at highway speed and close quarters city driving. It reminds me of my 1970 VW Beetle, but with modern handling technology and almost twice the horsepower. Like the Beetle, it's an incredible bargain as well.
Favorite Features
Surprising braking capability in base model stock form. Driver position and cabin comfort are better than expected, even for my large frame. Stock radio lj
Suggested Improvements
Center arm rest could be more substantial, or be replaced by a console shared by driver and passenger.
By websmack
on 09/17/12 01:32 AM (PDT)

I had a 72 Beetle and 89 Fox, so I loved Volkswagens as well. The Sport reminds me of but except the 'cute' factor is off the chart! Such a fun look and loads of ammenities that can't be matched in other small cars in this affordable price range because the dealers have a ton of incentives right now, in my case $3000 off the sticker and another $1000 because I took a day to make up my mind!