The Ultimate Eagle Talon - 1998 Model
By Al Simmons on
1998 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback
I owned a 1992 Eagle Talon from '92-97 and have hated myself ever since for trading it in (family, big cars, no fun). Never wanted another sports car (not a car dude, but LOVED the Talon styling - especially the bump on the hood). Talon always had more aggressive body styling than its 'twin', the Eclipse. To make a long story short, recently I was in the market for a new car, and, just for fun, I Googled for the ultimate (style-wise) Talon - the 1998. Found my dream car 100 miles away in NoCal, Turbo, Red, only 37,000 miles (!!!) Had no idea how rare it was (only 4307 made!) - I bought it the next morning. Driving is FUN AGAIN! It was like getting re-acquainted with an old friend.
Favorite Features
1. Styling - The '98 is the coolest looking because the WIDE shark mouth and angled 'half-ring' spoiler ROCK! Best styled Talon or Eclipse EVER made - and rarest. Bump on the hood (of course). Generations 3 & 4 have no bump. 2. Handling and performance. A+++++ Feels rock-solid.
Suggested Improvements
None. The 1998 Eagle Talon, the rarest and last of this series, was a 'Homerun' for the designers. No Eclipse ever came close to matching it in styling, and the Gen 3 and 4 Eclipses are different cars. What can I say? Since 1998 its been my "Dream Car" and now - I FINALLY GOT MINE!!