Used 2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Dodge "Lemon" R/T
By rch

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had so many problems with this car. The front end is messed up,it is the roughest riding vehicle I have ever been in. My interior lights have been going out one after the other and my rear view mirror that had the auto dim on it no longer works. Also it is having transmission problems and my drivers side door does not shut properly. My windows also leak and the inside of the doors are mildewed and stink and everytime I put my windows down I can smell it. Car is a lemon!!

NONE anymore, all the bad has out ruled the good things that I liked that made me first purchase the car.

everything

Dave's Thoughts
By 4Pammi

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought thisd car for my wife. She test drove 13 vehicles from all different manufacturers and chose this car. She loves it and is very happy with it. She gets many compliments, and is very proud of her Stratus R/T.

Loves this car! Is happy with everything.

Only minor cosmetic changes. Installed custom rear wing- this model was not originally equipped with one. Also installed sport muffler for better sound.

Stratus beats the competition
By vhalen

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my Stratus for a year now, and I love it more every day. Even though the Stratus doesn't sell as well as the wildly popular Mitsubishi Eclipse, it provides just as much fun and excitement. You definitely need to get a manual to enjoy the powerful V6 to its full potential. The handling on this car is spectacular, it's comfortable, and it gets great mileage. I highly recommend this car!

I like the peppy engine, super- responsive handling, and general good looks. The interior is comfortable, and I especially like the leather- wrapped steering wheel and shifter.

The drink holders are in a bad place on the console. They get in the way of shifting. The passenger door remains locked after turning off the key. These are minor, but they're all I can gripe about.

Airwolf of the road
By T. Wilson

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is awesome. I have a 79 Dodge Little Red Express. I have always been a Mopar fan. I love the styling and looks of the exterior and interior. It is one sharp car. Yes, it does impress the women. As far as the mechanical aspect, it is all in how you treat the car. Changing the sparkplugs on the R/T is nothing at all. The sound system is great. A/C performs well. I just don't have much to complain about the 2002 Dodge Stratus R/T. It is just a great car. Super car for a single person and for the money.

My favorite features are the 17" polished aluminum rims on the Stratus R/T. It really sets the car off. The leather interior is very nice looking. The trunk is very spacious. The 3.0 liter engine and 5 speed manual transmission works very well together.

I would suggest another 45 to 50 horsepower to the engine. I would like to see a double cup holder.

Love this car
By manson

2002 Dodge Stratus Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Embarassed a Mustang, when he caught up I was suprised to se the GT on the rear. Have got 30 MPG on a 75 MPH trip, regularely get over 25 even with kayak and/or bike on top. Have received unsolicited comments from passengers on comfort. Not the best at any on thing but the best combination of features, comfort and performance. 50,000 miles and no squeeks, rattles or any other problems.

Flat torque curve, wonderful fun to pass slower cars.

Head room