2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:
Great Truck/Poor Climate Control
By silverbullet06 on 07/31/06 19:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love the style and roomy Mega Cab interior. Plenty of low end torque but you suffer with terrible fuel economy both in town and highway. Air conditioning cannot handle additional cab size on warm days with the family. Customer service and dealer repair service is the worst of the big three. I would never buy another Damiler Chrysler product! Have been waiting 18 days for a climate control part to fix the non working air conditioning. More excuses than good news from all parties.

Newest Dodge
By R. Chapman on 07/25/06 05:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love driving the vehicle! For the most part, I bought it for the handling and ride.Fuel mileage is adequate, although not near the advertised 19 mpg highway. I've also noticed the transmission does not shift smoothly. The truck "surges" when shifting up through the gears.

Best Truck I've Ever Owned!!
By Dr. Jeff on 07/22/06 11:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This truck really rides smooth for such a large beast! The only time I hate driving it is when I am driving to the gas station. However, the cost is well worth it to me. This is the best looking, most capable truck on the market.

Poor fuel mileage
By Steve Harig on 07/19/06 13:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The best truck I ever owned as far as comfort. Fuel mileage is another subject, I don't know how everyone else that has rated the truck says the mileage is so great, I get 10 mpg! The truck has 2000 miles. The dealer said it has to break in more, but I can't imagine it improving to 15 mpg like I was told. I'm not the type to put the pedal to the metal. I'm afraid to tow anything with unless I take out a loan.

Awesome
By Joseph on 07/17/06 23:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Mega cabs are perfect for a growing family. The rear doors are over-sized and open to a full 90 degrees. The rear seats lean back, besides folding down and the leg room is better than car out there. The only flaw is the side view mirrors do not have the auto-dimming feature like the rear view mirror has. At night the side view mirrors, which are very large, cast a lot of light into the cab when another vehicle is behind you.

6 months with my new truck
By BigRedDodge on 07/13/06 11:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've really had a ball driving this truck. Wish I'd have opted for the nav pkg, but other than that it's perfect. Gas mileage has never gotten to the sticker of 14/18. I'm getting 13 to 14 mixed driving, did get 15.2 on a full tank of highway driving. I get lots of compliments on the vehicle as it's bright red with the 20" wheels so it has a great appearance. I've owned several trucks, this has been the best one.

Lots of Room
By someone on 07/06/06 18:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Megacab has a lot of room. I purchased the vehicle to have more secure space inside (like a SUV) and still have the pick-up bed. When the back seats are folded down, there is as much room in the back as a smaller SUV. It has good power and handles well for something that large. The ride is rough and can be jittery. It is better when loaded down with 500-600 lbs in the bed. Braking is not as good as other large trucks I drove. There is plenty of room in the cabin for taller people (I am 6'4"). The cab layout could be a little better. The climate controls and radio controls require the driver to lean forward to adjust. I get 15 miles per gallon on the highway and about 11 in town

'06 Mega Cab
By mmmiller53 on 07/06/06 05:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Replaced my '01 Ford F-150 SuperCrew with this '06 Mega Cab. A lot more truck in just about every way. After 3 months and 4000 miles I'm not disappointed. Great to drive, a super comfortable interior, good styling, and reasonable mileage given its size and weight. Since mileage seems to be everyone's biggest issue, I'm getting right at 12mpg in mixed driving around town and to work, and just got three consecutive tanks between 15-16 on a 1400 mile round trip to Wisconsin. Again, not bad given the truck weighs 6000+. Overall, I'm very happy with my decision to buy this truck.

Hot Rod Truck
By Noah on 07/04/06 05:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

Truck has met all expectations as to horsepower & performance. A sports car in a truck, as they say, really nice, a head turner for sure.

I love this truck!
By Mike on 06/22/06 20:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in an '06 Hummer H3 on this truck. I love the ride, solid feel and the looks. Everyone comments on the Mega Cab design. My friends call it the "limo truck".

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.