Used 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

2nd V-10 4Me
By NO V8 4 ME

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 4dr Quad Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 4A)

Driving this truck is awesome. From the initial start up to hitting the highway, this truck is a blast. Need passing power? This truck does real well straight from the factory. Handling is precise and stable. Braking that is like nothing else I've driven. Comfort that goes beyond a perforamnce truck's expectations. The ride is a little tough over bumps and other typical road conditions but it's well worth the trade off when you want to use the truck as it should be used, Hard and Fast. With the Viper V-10 under the hood, I have a great platform to build on.

Looks, power to the ground. Handling and comfort. V-10 power!

Bring the Ram SRT-10 truck back to an an extremely limited production run in 2009 or 2010 with the 8.4 Litre 600HP Viper Engine or with a 600++ big block V-8 Hemi. (just to keep those who don't get it even more confused).

Wicked Truck
By paviper

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This truck is amazing. It is so fast it's disgusting. It is absolutely scary fast in every way. It's also an incredibly beautiful truck, which gets a lot of looks and stares. I bought this truck because I liked it and I like to go fast. Some people however don't feel the same way. Buy one and have some fun like me!

Burnouts! This truck is the burnout king! Also the 6 speed gearbox, and of course the 505 horses under the hood.

Dodge Power Wagon
By James Posey

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

What a pleasure to climb behind the wheel of a well designed truck. I'm 6'2" 230 lb. I have to run the seat forward to reach pedals and controls, room to spare in a regular cab. I pull a Tandem axel large box trailer. The tow haul 5speed auto works like a dream in tow haul mode. Their is 2 2nd gears so technically this is a 6 speed. Full box frame on a half ton. Independant front suspension with 4x4. Drives and handles nice. 20 inch wheels and wide goodyear rubber. Bites well on dry pavement. Will smoke tires with little effort. Be carefull on wet pavement. MDS Hemi is sweet, can't feel it change. 20 mpg at 65 mph. I waited on the MDS in the truck, glad I did. Not one problem yet, 16 months. All in all they got it right. Thanks Dodge. I have owned 3 New Dodge, 2 New Chevys, 1 New Ford if that tells you anything.

Hemi. Independent front suspension in a 4x4. Had a Chevy Blazer for years 14 to be exsact with IFS, If you're not into lifting and driving daily this is a nice way to go. Will track better of road with greater articulation over stock straight front axle.

More power. I love American iron. Push rod motor, simple, durable. I have added a high volume intake and better cat back exhaust. How about a factory computer adjustable set up?

It is what it is
By SteveS

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I'm not too sure what this truck is suppose to be. A work truck, family truck, both? Either way, it is a decent truck. It's sticker was around $30,000 which I find way too high. The cab has plenty of room for rear seat passengers which it a big plus if you have multiple passengers. The bed is your typical bed. The engine is a little under powered in the 4.7. Hemi truck was way too high of a price. I would not lease this truck again because it's really not what I needed.

Big cab, comfortable to sit in, wheel mounted cruise, plenty of leg and head room, rear cup holders, cargo light.

Gas mileage was a complete lie. Averages around 12-13 mpg city, mileage computer is slightly off. Plan on getting home equity line to fuel this thing.

I'm happy with truck overall
By Brian T.

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

I've been very pleased with my truck overall. I love the Hemi and the other features I've listed below. Nice large, heavy, safe vehicle. I put on a Rhino liner and nerf bars and that has added to the truck's usefullness and value. I wish that the drivetrain losses were less. I think Dodge could have done better with leg room in the backseat of the Quad Cab. It seems to be tight for taller adults though is ok for kids and average or short adults. Had the injector for cylinder #7 go bad after 10k miles but it was fixed under warranty. The Hemi is outshined now by Toyota's V8 but that doesn't bother me. Overall fantastic vehicle and I highly recommend.

5.7L Hemi V8, Sirius radio, all the storage areas, size of bed, class IV towing package that came with 4 pin harness and 7 pin harness.

More leg room in backseat of Quad Cab, make 4-wheel ABS standard, reduce drivetrain losses, make tow hooks standard on 4x4's, add option for factory dual exhaust, hard to reach back sliding window from front seat.

• SUV