Used 2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

Great Truck
By W. Rausch

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Laramie 4dr Quad Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

It has a great ride, good performance and sharp looks. Mine has the optional sunroof, MOPAR exhaust system, chrome tubular running boards, spray-in bedliner, and chrome bug shield.

Favorite Features

I especially like the Inferno red pearl metallic paint and the redesigned dash.

Suggested Improvements

Mine has the 20" "chrome wheels" that are actually chromed plastic covers. That's pretty cheesey for a $40,000 truck! Get real Dodge, put some real wheels on your trucks.

True Statement
By Jacob

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab LB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my truck in Texas when my old Dodge finaly died. The water pump went and I didnt have time to fix it. I was pulling a trailer from C.C. Tx to Las Vegas NV. I was already late getting to Las Vegas. That weekend I had stared on Friday and didn't get in till Tuesday. Driving to Las Vegas there are a few step hills and the truck had to shift down to a lower gear in order to complete the climb. I was pulling a 25 fifth wheel. The avg MPG was 12.3. Its not that bad but it could have been better. In city driving, the avg MPG is 11.5 Poor rating. I think truck manufactures need to do something about this. When in idle sitting at a red light take out a few cyclinders. We have ways to do it.

Suggested Improvements

Design the cup holders out a little more. While driving and lifting up a cup from the cup holder. The top of the cup hits the gear shifter.

Better trucks out there
By bobwest

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 6M)

Many problems with this pickup, so far dealer has been good about fixing them. 4-door quad cab not much more than an extended cab with 4-doors. Get mega cab if you really intend to have adults in the back seat.

Favorite Features

Not sure there are any

Suggested Improvements

Better paint job, premium cloth seats stain easily and hard to clean, rear bumper had rust in first 1000 miles, rear window would not go up or down in first 3000 miles, shifted into 4-wheel drive on it's own one time. Dealer has fixed all but spend too much time in the shop.

i'll never but a ram again
By fc

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 ST 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The worse truck experience-- I have ever had. From day one this truck shimmied its way down the highway. within the first year I replaced, the rotors & brakes (at my cost), and within 2 years I had the brakes and rototrs turned again-- year three it need a brake job again. After 12 k miles like domino's, balljoints, tie rods, alignments, wheel bearings... The dealer actually acused me of driving on dirt roads & panick breaking. (Ram tough but no dirt roads?) I cant help I lived on a dirt road but it shook worse on the highway and on the dirt roads I drove slow. The 60k miles the transmission started to slip,What a piece of junk this truck is, I traded it in this week for a toyota- sad

Favorite Features

look and size is all it has going for it

Suggested Improvements

can the whole premise of being an automaker and go bankrupt

Junk
By joe cassel

2006 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 SRT-10 2dr Regular Cab SB (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This truck is the biggest waste of money I have ever spent. The road noise inside is terrible, there is no gas mileage to speak of, and it is not as fast as published. I have had it in the shop 3 times for repairs. Pretty bad for a truck with only 9,000 miles on it.