2005 Dodge Neon Consumer Review: Great Little Performer

2005 Dodge Neon Sedan - Consumer Review

Great Little Performer
By Bryan E. Rice on

2005 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For the two months I have owned my Neon SXT, I have been very satisfied with nearly every aspect. The five speed transmission could use a little more refinement, but the engine is peppy enough to satisfy everyday drivers. Fuel economy has been very good - averaging 27 MPG. One thing I love is the virtual lack of a power lag while the AC is on. My Neon's ride and handling are excellent for a small car. Cabin room is more than I expected - even my 6ft-2in tall best friend can sit comfortably in the rear seat. The interior design is clean, functional and solid, though I'm prone to accidentally hitting the stereo controls when I'm shifting. My Neon is a great car that I'm happy I purchased.

Interior room and ride; fuel mileage; six speaker sound system; over all looks & quality

Five-speed transmission needs refinement (tends to hang up going into second); swap locations of the AC & stereo controls