Used 2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:

i have 2006 coverablie love when i get to put t
By susan daley

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

best car ever never gave me anyproblems

2006 Chrysler Sebring GTC Money Pit
By M Perry

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car, at 96000 miles, well maintained, has been nothing but a nightmare. I'm the second owner, paid $4k for the 2006 GTC model. After only 6 months of ownership I've had to replace the fuel pump, a transmission sensor when the car died while driving 35 mph & a new alternator...approximately $1,300 in repairs!! Now KBB is telling me my car is worth $2,100 private party sales? This car is a 6 cylinder but reacts sluggishly when accelerating from a stopped position. Car shakes & seems very unstable with even the slightest poor road handling, especially when top is retracted. I will never purchase or recommend a Chrysler product again!!

Would not recommend this car to anyone!
By matthew_taylor

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used back in May of 2013 it only had 37k miles. After about the first 1000 miles the alternator went out, the doors started rattling, and the top whistles when driving down the Interstate. The Sebring has Sloppy handling in curves and has horrible braking. The headlights also are not bright at all! however the 2.7 L V6 engine offers great power and decent fuel economy.

There are not any at this time.

Noisy top and windows at the seals, brakes.

best and funnest car me ever had!
By robsmopar

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

this is such a nice car, its sells for a great price too . my wife and I were afraid at first to buy one because people told us it was a junk car,but we talked to several people who have them and one with 185,000 miles on it with never 1 single problem,now there our friends and we do trips together too, this is not a perfect car and diff.people have diff. likes ,but for us we would deffinetly buy this car again,we love it its got style,

lots of room for 4,handles well,good MPGs simple interior, great sound system,and good brakes very comeffy seats

heavyer door handles they feel like they might break off ( never have ) and maybe a little stiffer body (flexes on bad roads) engine could use a bit more torque for mountain driving

Fun Little Car - doesn't break the bank
By Chris

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my car!I come from a passion for sports cars, but have learned that cars are a necessary waste of money-so the Sebring Vert is my compromise. It's fun to drive, relatively safe, and thieves don't want it. The car was 6 months old when I bought it with very low mileage - and certified; for about half the cost of a new one. This was a secret I found out early on, and I am glad I did; why throw money out the window? Cars really are a bad investment, but I don't feel guilty about this one. Its not a BMW or Mercedes, but it gets the job done nicely without sacrificing the fun factor or the family factor. I don't drive much or very far so mpg on mine isn't reliable for comparison.

The convertible top! It has a nice sized trunk and is quite roomy. The used market value for the buyer is quite advantageous.

I have had problems with the trunk latch many times over, fortunately it was covered under warranty. However, if the latch breaks, the dash indicator does not turn off even when the car is off, and eventually drains the battery - in only a matter of 12 hours.