2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Consumer Reviews

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sebring model:
Would not recommend this car to anyone!
By matthew_taylor on 11/12/13 17:44 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used back in May of 2013 it only had 37k miles. After about the first 1000 miles the alternator went out, the doors started rattling, and the top whistles when driving down the Interstate. The Sebring has Sloppy handling in curves and has horrible braking. The headlights also are not bright at all! however the 2.7 L V6 engine offers great power and decent fuel economy.

best and funnest car me ever had!
By robsmopar on 07/07/11 07:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

this is such a nice car, its sells for a great price too . my wife and I were afraid at first to buy one because people told us it was a junk car,but we talked to several people who have them and one with 185,000 miles on it with never 1 single problem,now there our friends and we do trips together too, this is not a perfect car and diff.people have diff. likes ,but for us we would deffinetly buy this car again,we love it its got style,

Fun Little Car - doesn't break the bank
By Chris on 09/03/10 23:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my car!I come from a passion for sports cars, but have learned that cars are a necessary waste of money-so the Sebring Vert is my compromise. It's fun to drive, relatively safe, and thieves don't want it. The car was 6 months old when I bought it with very low mileage - and certified; for about half the cost of a new one. This was a secret I found out early on, and I am glad I did; why throw money out the window? Cars really are a bad investment, but I don't feel guilty about this one. Its not a BMW or Mercedes, but it gets the job done nicely without sacrificing the fun factor or the family factor. I don't drive much or very far so mpg on mine isn't reliable for comparison.

Fun Vehicle
By Petey on 06/06/10 13:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 11 cars before this Sebring Touring Convertible, and I by far enjoy this the most. My last vehicle was a 2000 Sebring JXi, that ran perfectly, but was a tad under- powered. The 2.7 liter engine corrects that issue, and returns better mileage (22-27 mpg for me). The car does nothing perfectly, but also nothing horribly. This is why rental fleets had so many. The car is easy to drive, feels solid, and controls are easy to reach and intuitive. There are abundant standard features, like lighted visor mirrors, ample storage, power everything, roomy trunk, steering wheel controls, suede leather seats, etc. The cabin is tight and quiet closed, and the top and windows drop in 9 seconds flat.

Fun car to own and drive
By sebr06 on 08/13/09 16:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the 2006 Sebring two years ago when it had 15,000 miles and it was about 1 year old. It has been a very good car and is a lot of fun to drive. The fuel economy is very good, 30 mpg on highway, 25 in city. Good looking car, good sound system, Excellent cruiser car, large truck, good vacation car and weekend car.

Fun Car to Drive
By Wayno on 07/13/09 16:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Touring 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great gas mileage on highway and city. Lots of get up and go and holds the road well on curves. The only drawback is the air noise on the highway-the top seals could be tighter! Good sound system and fun to drive. I bought it for my wife, but I liked it so much, that I drive it most of the time commuting to and from work. Only serviced at regular intervals and no performance or service problems. I am looking for a newer one. It's one of the BEST convertibles that I have owned.

Worst car I ever owned!!
By Roadmanh on 05/24/09 08:20 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible Limited 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my first new car in 1968 and since that time I have owned 23 new cars; everything from compact to luxury, foreign and domestic.From a reliability and performance standpoint I will give it a zero and I'm being kind. It is so unreliable my wife, for whom I purchased the car, will no drive it and because it performs so poorly I will not take it on a long trip.

Nice at the Price!
By BK on 04/29/09 16:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

NO...problems in over 20,000 miles and the gas mileage here in flat Delaware is 28 mpg. Find a nicer convertible at the price and I'll buy it!

Not a bad car
By Scott Roosa on 09/05/08 11:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible GTC 2dr Convertible (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love to drive here in Colorado with the top down, and am able to do it often. The car handles with a great suspension and has no problems in the mountains. The issue I had was the transmission going out on me with only 35,000 miles. Fortunately it was still under the warranty, but a bit too close for my liking. It is a fun care to have and drive.

Glad to have it!
By david c. on 04/24/08 10:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler Sebring Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2006 sebring used in January 2007 with 16,000 miles on i. It has been a great car. I had a few minor adjustments to make during the warranty period, the driver's window and the rear defroster (both under warranty, of course) this car has been steady and reliable in the 16 months I have owned it... I recommend it with confidence... A smooth ride, nice sound system and overall a very nice car...