1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Concorde model:
A real stinker
By leftatdunkirk on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

The Concord smelled like gas from day one. Although there was a recall listed regarding this, the local Chrysler dealership refused to fix it and suggested we pay them $90 for a diagnostic test. Lucky for us, we sold it literally the day before the head gasket blew. Unlucky for the poor buyer, he is in that piece of junk for another $1,500 in repairs. If this car is indicative of other Chrysler products, I would NEVER own one. The entitlement mentality of our local dealership doesn't surprise me either, seeing how the parent company has been a corporate welfare mooch for decades. I would highly recommend this car to my enemies.

Smells like gas
By leftatdunkirk on 08/13/10 19:18 PM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

We acquired this vehicle through a family member and are working to pass it on to some other unlucky soul. Took it to the dealership to have the gas smell checked out under a recall. They said the recall was not active for our vehicle, but they would gladly do a diagnostic for $90. The ABS and traction control have failed and the thing feels like a category 4 earthquake when it idles. The only good that will come of this vehicle is when we get it sold and buy a Volvo.

Review of '97 Concorde
By Mike P on 03/22/10 09:04 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for about a year now, bought it used with 440,000 km on it, it now has almost half a million. No major problems at all. Changed brakes, oil, and a few other routine items, but an easy fix for someone with a little DIY experience. The 3.5 L V6 has awesome power and the transmission is very solid. I have driven this car across Canada three times now and all 3 have been without any problems. Very pleased with this car!!

Best car I have owned!!
By geogator on 09/17/09 10:59 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

I have owned dozens of cars (BMW, Cadillac, Honda, Toyota, Valiant, New Yorker, etc.). This 160K miles car has been clearly the best riding, best performing, and most comfortable of the lot. It still gets 25-26 mpg on the interstate and more than 20 around town. Yes, I have had to maintain it, but it has paid me back with great service. My wife howls when I say new car. I guess we will drive it until it stops.

reiview of all the concorde reviews
By helen on 07/03/09 08:47 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

We purchased our concorde new with only 7 miles on it. After reading all the previous reviews it is funny because I can agree with all of them. I love the style , comfort and size of the car. Also through out the 12 years of ownership have had to go through the AC problems Chrysler dealers could never get it right but another private mechanic fixed the problem something with the thermostat once that was taken care of ir only requires the normal TLC since it is a big engine and takes midgrade gas we are going to trade it in when the gov. CARS program is official it qualifies. I will miss it great sound system , great on the turnpike, and roomy enough to keep kids happy on long trips

Great car with a lil TLC
By Steve on 05/27/09 06:29 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LXi 4dr Sedan

Very dependable car with no large repair expenses, but I also do 90% of my own repairs. I love the 3.5 engine. Most issues after 60,000 miles, standard r/m in my opinion, except the poor quality paint. 30,000-40,000 miles change plugs. At 45,000 miles, replaced hood struts. 52,000, valve cover gaskets. 80,000 miles, EGR valve, solved drivability issue. Found spark plug tubes cylinder 2 & 4, not sealed at bottom, allow oil on top of plugs, removed tubes and applied RTV red sealant. Subframe bushings, sway bar struts, inner tie rod bushings at 90,000. For preventive maint, at 100,000, I replaced all 4 o2 sensors, fuel injectors, coil packs, wires and plugs. Easy car to work on for the DIY.

A great car... with medicore reliability
By Yoda46 on 02/04/09 17:00 PM (PST)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought the car new. I now have 115k miles on it. I like the car overall, but I wish my experience were as perfect as some other posters'. The car has not been a lemon, but has required several repairs that I would not expect to have needed on a Honda or Toyota in the same time frame (or on a Ford or GM for that matter): Replaced warped front brake rotors twice (and I am easy on brakes), replaced water pump twice, replaced power steering pump, replaced front tie-rods, replaced transmission support cradle, recharged AC twice.

Great car
By NW Wisconsin girl on 09/17/08 15:21 PM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for about 2 years now. I was wrinkled my nose when I first saw it, then I drove it. I'm not a fan of larger cars as a rule, but I'd buy another one of these in a heartbeat. AT 187k she's still running strong. Everything works on this car, I feel safe driving it out here in Deerville. If I hit something I'm not worried about dying. It handles beautifully, runs quietly and has a ride I've only dreamed of. I hope it lasts me another 3 years at least. I know of another one of these around my home that currently has 264k miles on it. She too, loves her Concorde.

My big Chrysler Concord
By Mike on 04/02/08 08:43 AM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I have drove this car a lot and let me tell you what a blast. The Mopar V6 3.5 L with bottom feed fuel injectors, and the nice handling aspects can get you a ticket if you don't watch your speed. This car is bigger than most SUVs, I love the double looks from owner with SUV. My G/F will not drive this car at all. She say it's a big boat, but she likes riding in it, just not driving in it. All in all I can say this is the first American made car I have fallen in love with.

Excellent 1997 Concorde 3.5 litre
By jeff on 04/21/07 19:34 PM (PDT)

1997 Chrysler Concorde Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 70k miles. Now has 118k miles. Not one problem! Gas mileage is awesome for a full size vehicle at 29mpg on the freeway. Sure if you are hard on the gas off the line, no vehicle gets good mileage! Drive it right,and it does 23 around town. A lot of power. Excellent low end torque, enough to fry the tires easily at take off. Comfortable and very reliable. I changed the timing belt at 100k and water pump at same time per manufacturer, but they all need that with this motor. Brakes are replaced as necesary, they don't wear any more or less than any other vehicle. It is all in the driver. Will get to 200k miles easy!