Used 2006 Chevrolet Uplander Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Uplander - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

A Big Disappointment
By Diane

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Traded our Venture due to high mileage. During warranty period,power door motors had to be replaced twice, along with stabilizer bar, and horn. Power doors and back lift gate never close properly and road noise was terrible. DVD sometimes didn't work. Rotors replaced at 20,000 miles. After warranty expired, trouble continued. ABS light came on - $500 for a sensor and then needed another $1500 for wiring? Braking always scary -grinding and shaking when stopping. Power rear vents would occasionally not close, and power doors would open by themselves. If it would work right the van was nice. Trading for a Toyota.

Space to seat kids and adults, DVD player.

Reliability, road noise issues

Run like the wind
By Scared

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the worst quality vehicle I have ever seen. It is dangerous (seat belt and tie rod problems) and GM should be sued. They know this vehicle should be recalled. I have 26K miles and is has been repaired for tie rods, steering problems, tire problems, electric window problems, interior is falling apart, doors would not close, seatbelts etc... We have replaced 3 seat belts and not one but 2 tie rods. I hope this vehicle does not kill any families! I called GM and they basically said tough luck (we can give you some free oil changes)!!

Please help people get rid of this dangerous vehicle!

should have kept our venture
By kevin

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this vehicle because our venture was getting high mileage on it. Worst purchase decision I have made-- but I do have a few bits of advise to share--to address the lack of center front console--wal mart has a console called a clutter cleaner for $39.95-- fits perfect--also a trailer hitch from a venture will also bolt onto this vehicle--lights flicker all the time steering column creaks constantly unless you shoot lubricant/silicone spray down thru the column sleeve-- I also found out that 235/65r17 tires will fit in wheelwells and this seems to improve the ride/noise issues from the 225/60r17 tires--it changes the speedo about 2 mph--I really don't like the vehicle overall

ease of entry into 2nd and 3rd row seats--

Venture had more storage and far better cupholders--these are way too shallow! Bring back the venture!

Mini Van
By Chris

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LT 4dr Ext Minivan w/2LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this van right off the truck it still had the White plastic on the doors. My wife was so excited our first new vehicle! Right away starting problems let us stranded, then went through 2 alternators and a voltage regulator light still flickered. Then around 34,000 miles (3 yrs&1mo) the problems hit. Low oil press light, fuse pop to radio 4 times, 60amp fuse would pop controlling power doors and turn lights brake lights, then abs light and trac control light came on. We took it back to the dealer $300+ diagnostic later no issues could be duplicated out of warranty.. I hated this van for the last three months I owned it. I would never allow one of my friends or family to purchase one!

The look of the van!... as we drove off the lot in our new Denali. What a sigh of relief.

I HATE THIS VAN
By MADDOG_53

2006 Chevrolet Uplander LS 4dr Ext Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We traded my 2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 for this hunk of junk 2.5 years ago. I have never owned a minivan before and will never own another chevy van. The lights flicker all the time, had the front stabilizer bar replaced, the engine wont start half the time, the brake system is junk replaced the brakes 5x now at $167 just for the pads and only have 47k miles. I have more room in my 07 Ram 1500 quad cab and get about the same gas millage and it is a 4x4, had the steering column replaced, can't list all the problems we have had.

DVD, Rear Air, and brakes are easy to replace your self (sad to have that as a favorite feature) Exterior design