Used 2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:

Never, Never Again
By Jen

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

In 2005, I was expecting twins we already had a 5yr old so we need more room and we like the way the uplander looked..more like and suv than minivan. bought new because I didn't have time to have a vehicle in the shop. This must have been a lemon..just a few month after purchasing I had repeated problems with doors (huge inconvenience with twins)and they continue to be a huge problem. also had charging system worked on, still not right and numerous other problems during the first 6 mths of ownership...at that time we tried to get the dealership to replace this junk with something of equal value but they did nothing and GM didn't care when I emailed them and called them...they had their money

the idea of a minivan not looking like and minivan... the only thing GM got right about this vehicle

BEAUTIFUL MACHINE
By grny 5x

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Van has performed very well during its 1st 41,000 miles. Everything in this loaded LT works well. Very few repairs after 1st visit - front stabilizer links replaced at 40k and sliding doors adjusted at 10k. Engine power is adequate, smooth, and reasonably quiet. Smooth quiet ride. Transmission shifts are smooth - up & down. Good gas mileage: 18 city & 25 highway at 75 mph. Original tires wear evenly, are well-balanced and should go 60k. Brake rotors and pads replaced at 20k. No shutter with 21k on ceramic pad replacements. 2nd row legroom is inadequate, seats lack armrests. Entry to 3rd row is an effort. Manual removal of 3rd row is old design - competitors' seats fold under.

Exterior styling and interior styling beats competition. Very reliable and economical family van. Enjoyable to drive and ride.

2nd and 3rd row seats are old- fashioned -- surely the worst part of the van. GM spent no money on upgrading these from previous model. I think the market recognized this and moved on to other modern makes. It killed the car.

wished i could get rid of it!!!
By mary furrow

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Oh my! So so so many things wrong with it!Before warranty went out the dvd had to be replaced and the speakers not to long after that , ,then the sliding doors motor went out! Then transmission problems.... And brakes... And then my suspension went out on the back trunk opener!Dont have the list with me now at 55,000 abs light coming on ... And the side door does not open it comes open on and off... And I just keep it lock!We got it in 2006 we still owe 15,000.. Never again! I wanted to help amercian and but amer.. Van.. When this is paid off ! Its gone! Paint fading and parts out the van falling off.... Let me stop!

Can't really find any cause its made my life hard!

MAKE THEM TO LAST!!!

Rethink it...... Nothing But Problems
By @msn.com

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was somewhat apprehensive to purchase the vehicle, because it looked cheap on the inside. I should of followed my gut. Nothing but problems. Stereo never worked had it serviced 3 or 4 times, something with the wiring, automatic doors worked when they wanted to, keyless entry was anything but keyless, tires bad, new ones every time you turn around. Back windshield wiper motor went out. Yes I bought this new. Would not recommend to anyone. Major lemon.

Traction control

Everything else, junk vehicle

Not a great experience.
By Rawiri

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We leased this van in April 2005 and have been counting the days till April 2009 when it goes back. It has been mechanically reliable but we've had too many trips to the dealer for electrical, build quality and handling problems for us to call the van reliable. It constantly pulls to the right - wheel alignment doesn't help - and sways all over the road at highway speeds. My wife won't drive it, preferring our '97 F150! Cabin space and comfort is adequate although front storage is very limited as is the trunk area compared to other vans out there. We were seduced by the long list of features for the money compared to Honda and Toyota but next time will pay way more attention to quality.

DVD (when it works), power sliding doors (when they work), tow package, gas mileage is OK - 25-28 mpg in mixed highway/gravel driving

Large headrests man very limited rearward visibilility, increase storage space, remove the gremlims from the electrics, improve build quality - in short, GM is doing the right thing discontinuing it!

• SUV