2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Uplander model:
Not bad for a Mini Van
By Rhody Girl on 05/07/08 07:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I bought this vehicle after having our first child. I liked it becaues it wasnt so Mini-Van- ish. Loved the equiptment included with the LT line, leather, DVD player sliding doors etc. going on 3 1/2 years of owning this the only problems reported are brakes, I travel 300 miles a week for work, before I reached 13k we had to replace the brakes and rotors 3 times. I think it was more of the dealerships fault than it was the car itself. Gas mileage is horrible. Even given the fact of how much the car is driven, it still is just horrible. Other than that, its a good transistion for anyone who's not just ready for a mini- van, it doesnt make you feel like you are in one.

High upkeep costs
By diane on 04/22/08 17:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Chev. minivan & 5th new Gm vehicle purchased--and last. The mileage is good--21-27mpg--but the seats are uncomfortable & the center folding console is useless. DVD is nice. Brakes & rotor need replacing ever 6 months. I've had to replace both wheelbearings & front stabilizer arms & 4 new tires, & I never drive on gravel or inner city. I want my Lumina van back, they have gone downhill in quality ever since & the company doesn't care.

Dissatisfied
By Camie on 04/09/08 06:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have had several trips to the dealership with repairs on this vehicle. The automatic rear passenger door tries to open while car is in motion. "fixed" at least 4 times. The car only starts when it wants to. You have to push the gas to start the vehicle. I would not suggest buying this vehicle.

First Car I Bought New
By Summbreeze on 04/05/08 11:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I needed room for my daughter's family which has my 3 grandkids, and also wanted the DVD player to keep them quiet! Lots of room for everyone on trips. The only thing I have noticed is that the lights get brighter and dimmer sometimes. I have consistently gotten an avgerage of 21mpg which combines city and road. We live in the hills and I drive 32 miles commuting. That's not bad for a roomy vehicle. Only thing I have done is change the oil and filters on time. I am beginning to feel a bumpiness when braking, so I think it is time for brakes though.

Certainly not the Venture
By busymom on 03/05/08 06:18 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 3rd van type that we have owned as a large family - first one was a Dodge Caravan, then a Chevy Venture and now the Uplander. Really liked the Chevy Venture! Was absolutely my favourite vehicle. Reliable workhorse, comfortable, roomy, great value. Traded to this "new" model - first year for Uplander. Cramped inside - not nearly enough leg room and we are not tall people. Original tires were terrible in snow - had to replace them before the first winter was over. Great performance after the replacement. Not a lot of mechanical issues - very happy with that. Brakes squeal incessantly - told nothing could be done. Rotors and pads have been replaced on all wheels.

NOT worth your time to purchase
By mickieS on 12/23/07 23:30 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

filed complaint with BBB, the van has been in the shop nuroums times since purchased. 5 times for the same problem. GM has horrible customer service, it's clear they do not care about the consumer!! I will never by a GM protect as long as I drive. We hope that GM will settle with us, or will will have demand arbritation due to Lemon Law! We truely bought a lemon!!!

Overall satisfied
By Bob Gaul on 09/03/07 04:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LT Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The only problem I have is with the A/C. The vents cannot be aimed at the driver. This is a major design fault which is still a problem in the 06 & 07 models. The dealer claims they cannot be fixed.

Great Minivan
By Silas on 07/31/07 19:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This minivan replaced my 2000 Honda Odyssey. We purchased this van in February 2005 and have driven 46K miles so far. We don't expect it to perform like a sport car but it definitely out-performs our previous Odyssey, both in power and handling. We averaged 2-4 family trips to Florida yearly and it is a great vehicle for our three kids in a 9 hour ride. Yes, we had some maintenance issues like others rating this vehicle but nothing major. Gas mileage is great when compared to our other car, which is an SUV with 15 mpg. We are about to purchase the 2008 LT model.

Don't do it
By joe s. on 05/07/07 13:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan LS Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I'm thoroughly disappointed in my experience with our Uplander. We made the switch from a Madza Tribute as our family was growing and the quality difference was noticable. The plastic door handle cover has been falling off since the first month. It often sputters before it starts, remniscent of a vintage auto. The interior is shabby at best. I miss my Mazda and kick myself everytime I send the payment in. Bottom line, the quality of this vehicle is near that of a Mazda, Toyota, or Honda. Don't do it. Put forth the extra money for quality. You'll get it back with better gas mileage in no time.

A comfortable vehicle
By arnold hilde on 03/05/07 18:26 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Uplander Minivan Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this vehicle during the summer. The A/C worked very well, we enjoyed driving it a lot. We were disappointed in the traction and handling in the snow of northern Minnesota.