2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Consumer Review: 2003 Trailblazer LTZ

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer - Consumer Review

LTZ 4dr SUV (4.2L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

2003 Trailblazer LTZ
By chris on

2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ Rwd 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I've had dozens of vehicles in my life and my Trailblazer, knock on wood, has been the most reliable so far. The ride is fantastic and smoother than any other SUV out there (and trust me...I looked at everything out there prior to purchasing). I was all set to get a full size SUV like a Tahoe, but my wife really liked the Trailblazer's size, not too big and not too small. Not having a third seat (I opted not to go for the extended length version because I thought the looks were less appealing) will probably disuade some buyers but I really didn't have a need for it. My only complaint is that it doesn't get 30 mpg, but then no SUV does. Let's see if I am still happy 2-3 years from now.

The ride on the Trailblazer is second to none, and I mean compared to larger and much more expensive vehicles. I've got friends who own Range Rovers, Lexus and BMW's who have driven my vehicle and went on and purchased one. These people can drive anything they want. I think that says a lot.

Better fuel economy would be nice. Maybe the addition of Displacement on Demand where cylinders are cut off to save fuel. I think we're going to see this feature on many new vehicles in the coming years.