2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:
Great SUV
By vein on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've been absolutely thrilled with my 2002 Tahoe. The seats are so comfortable (and the heated leather is so nice on cold mornings!) and the 2nd row seating is even quite comfortable. It's easy to park and complete tight turns. Super quiet even at high speeds on the highway and a wonderful smooth drive even on the awful streets of Detroit. Surprisingly good gas milage for a heavy V8 with pep.

The coolest mommy vehicle on the block!
By Tiger Mom on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

It's a great car for carpooling kids to school, shopping for grocercies and mulch, and road-tripping to Disney World. The leather is comfortable and sporty, and the third row seat allows room for 8 passengers. But this sporty mommy vehicle is no pushover; it's tough enough for dad and 4 or 5 golf buddies as well! If you're looking for quality, durability, and style under $40,000 this is your truck!

Exceeding my expectations
By aaron on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

After driving a 97 Nissan Pathfinder for 5 years, I though ride quality couldn't be improved on another SUV. I was wrong. This car rides like a well mannered Cadillac. 5.3 V8 is a must. Has a nice throaty V8 rumble when you punch it. low road noise compared to my wifes new Ford Exploder which we hate. Very little cargo room when 3rd row seat isn't folded up. Fuel economy totally stinks, especially if you like to utilize the big V8 (which I do.) Turning radius is absolutely fantastic, light years better than my Pathfinder or the Exploder even though they are much smaller. I feel very safe carrying my 9 month old. I couldn't ask for a better family car!

Exceeding my expectations
By Aaron on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

LOVE THE EXTERIOR...UPGRADE THE INTERIOR
By MIKEYC on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I HAVE HAD MY 2002 TAHOE FOR 11 MONTHS, AND 11000 MILES. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE OUTSIDE OF THE VEHICLE AND THE PERFORMANCE THAT THE CHEVY V-8 IS UNSURPASSED, BUT THE INTERIOR NEEDS SOME UPGRADING. LEATHER SEATS ARE COMFORTABLE AND APPEALING BUT WAY TOO MUCH PLASTIC IN DASHBOARD AND DOOR PANELS. PUT A IMPORT INTERIOR WITH THIS DOMESTIC EXTERIOR, AND YOU WOULD HAVE S.U.V. EUPHORIA.

2002 Tahoe
By likeit on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Very pleased with this vehicle

Thumbs up for Tahoe!
By Trahnjab on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Up until the blizzard I never had a chance to put the Tahoe in 4WD. I can honestly say that i went through 2 ft of snow in the DC area this past week with little effort. I even towed a smaller SUV that got stuck because he didn't have the ground clearance. The Tahoe performed exactly as I expected it to.

steering
By rcsam on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I had a knocking in the steering column after 12000 miles and the dealer tells me that there is a design flaw that cause the steering to make noise. The joint dries out and requires a $100 lube from the dealer which is not covered after the warranty expires. This is a great riding auto with great pick-up and amentities. Highly recommend it.

Great ride
By airman on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

It is a Lazy Boy on wheels. Very confortable and smooth ride. An absolute ideal road vehicle. Great getting around in the snow and very solid feel.

great truck
By jimmy on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

its roomy,it can tow anything,the LT is the way too go, you can get any option you want.