2002 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Review: 2002 Tahoe LS 4x4 w/ 5.3

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe - Consumer Review

LS 4dr SUV (4.8L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

2002 Tahoe LS 4x4 w/ 5.3
By bug! on

2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Great power,smooth ride and lots of space! I have also been getting good gas mileage (18-20.5 mpg). However, I am dissapointed in the interior. The fabric on the cushions of my seats was not sewn well at all. Also, after riding in a Toyota Sequoia, I realize how small and relatively uncomfortable the Tahoe back seat is. Also, despite its weight and wide tires (265/70 R16), it gets blown around in the wind. When you have a substantial side-wind, you get a lot of leaks in the door and along the floor. One more thing, the bench seat option doesn't have a good range of adjustments for the seats. Short drivers might have a hard time. I'm 6'1" and I keep the seat as high as it will go.

Favorite Features

Great looking, lots of space, good gas mileage for such a powerful SUV, good handling for a large SUV. Good load of options even in the base model.

Suggested Improvements

Access to the third row seats, fabric quality and sewing, marginal sterio, more insulation in the doors and floor to keep out wind, more tolerance in the cruise control before it shifts out of overdrive and into third gear.