$50,000 later & I will keep it forever.
By 08LT-z71 on
2008 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
Purchased in Feb 08. Currently have about 1700 miles on it and love it. We opted for the Z71 model, because of the ability to go on moderate off road trails. I will probably look into putting a small lift on it eventually as ground clearence isn't what it should be for 4x4...my 99 Silverado z71 has more ground clearence than this, but for a family vehicle, we will love it and keep it for well over 200,000 miles. Also like the fact we can put e85 in it, though I will confess, in Denver traffic, we only get about 11 miles to the gallon. But at $2.19 a gallon, it only costs $65 to fill instead of $95 w/91 octane. The e85 gets us about 300mpg vs 450mpg with 91. No 6spd tranny for 1500.
Favorite Features
Flex fuel, kid loves DVD, wife was really suprised with handling. I traded her Honda Pilot on this. We love all the cargo room. We opted not to get GPS, b/c a portable Garmin only cost $4-500 vs $2000. Our OnStar came with directions for a year & displays it in the driver information center.
Suggested Improvements
Fuel economy of course. Hybrid Suburban in future? I would have bought the 6.0L-1500 if it came with the 6spd. 3rd row doesn't fold flat. More leg room on 3rd row. They didn't have an adult in mind! Adjustable buckets for 2nd row like front. Powertrain warranty is bad, get bumper 2 bumper 5/100.