2007 Chevrolet Suburban - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:
Pros and Cons at 50,000 miles
By Tim in Wisconsin on 08/21/10 06:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

1st, everyone is complaining about oil leaks. I can drive mine from WI to AR 850 miles in one day, and not be down a drop. I can drive mine to work and back, etc, and be down a qt at 5K miles. I believe that when there is no compression in the cylinders when I am in V-4 mode some trace amounts must be getting past the rings. No oil in tail pipe though, and pass emissions with flying colors. 2nd, my #3 cylinder had a hydraulic lifter collapse. I have the 327. This is what happens when major manufacturers subcontract their work. Dealer took care of it a-ok. No problems since. Third, every snow my "service 4WD" light comes on. Always goes out after night in garage. 18mpg at 60 mph, 16 at 70

Much improved but, painful at pump
By motorhead on 07/30/10 18:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've leased 3 Sbans since '00. The new '07 re-design is the best one yet but beware of the horrendously bad gas mileage and related GM lies. I've never been able to average more than 10.2 mpg in NY metro area driving. As far as FLEX fuel, there's none to be found anywhere. I felt the pain mostly when fuel went to $5/gal in '08. The 4- cyl mode never works unless going downhill, with a tailwind and completely empty. Problems with 4 door latches that cut your hands open, noisy seat belt tensioners, broken fuel door latch, poor carpeting (easily soiled), start-up knocking engine noise (rockers or mains not getting enough oil). Not keeping this one either, GMAC wants $34K and will not budge.

Loving this can get OLD.
By Burban on 07/21/10 13:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My dad leased this suburban 3 years ago. I am a 19 year old and i can honestly say that i love this truck. It has great pep when u need it. 5.3 L is exceptionally worthy of praise. Exhaust sounds great and its quiet on the highway. Decent gas mileage 14 city 20 highway. I love the cylinder shut off feature, i like to c how long i can stay in V4 mode. Heads up display on the instrument panel is awesome. Captain seats are a little uncomfortable after an hours ride. second Row is comfortable and 3rd row could use better seats. Overall great ride, decent mileage, so-so seats, and great cargo space behind the 3rd row.

Oil consumption
By frustrated on 07/11/10 21:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Consumes 1.5 qt of oil every 1000 miles since 47,000 miles. Have to take to dealership every 1000 miles for oil consumption test to get GM to warranty if they ever find a fix. They were supposed to have a fix Feb. 2009, now it is July 2010 and still no fix. Have a friend with a 2009 Suburban with same problem. Also have had battery drain problems.

Nice but
By Silver on 07/02/10 21:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I like the suburban, but the newly designed 4/8 cylinder gets worse mileage than my 2003 -HUH? The FACT that is drinks oil (but not enough for GM to care is rather disappointing to say the least. The tailgate does NOT open when the temps dip to sub zero (Minnesota)

Uses Excessive Oil and Gas
By CMcFarland on 06/30/10 09:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had 3 other suburbans, but this is my last. First of all they misrepresented this car when they first started advertising it as better fuel economy with a new engine that went between 4-8 cylinders as it needed around 17 MPG town and 22 on HWY. Big LIE! The best I have ever gotten is 16 MPG on Highway. Normally get 12-14 in town. My 2002 Suburban did 17-19 at all times. When I took it back in to dealership for this, I was told they really didn't get any better than mine was getting. Also, around 50,000 miles it started burning oil, 1 quart per oil change. I now have 100,000 mile on it and it burns 1 quart for every 1000 miles. Big problems with this vehicle. Save your money

Not really an SUV
By Kwasi Asante-Ansong on 06/23/10 17:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Seriously the flex fuel is a waste and also don't trust the back glass because it falls off and it will be your fault that it was not well built. Save some money for the tires and all the things that go wrong every time you service your car.

Problems
By Lamont on 05/03/10 12:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Ok, I have had a transmission replaced, blown head gaskets, burning oil excessively, air conditioning and heating control problems, door handle peeling (over $100 to replace), and battery drain issues! I can't stand it when you take a 45,000 car in for these issues and they concoct some B.S. about it being in spec and all we can do is keep an eye on it! The thought of the suburban is well intended but the actual reliability of this vehicle is a complete fail. But what's worse is the the excuses that the service departments give when they should step up to the plate and fix the problem!

Oil Consumption Issues
By Nailhead on 04/19/10 14:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle has excessive oil consumption issues. Google "2007 Suburban Oil Consumption" Chevrolet is giving those of us still in warranty the run-a-round or telling us 1 quart of oil every 1000 miles is normal usage.

Burns oil.......
By paula on 03/03/10 08:09 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love the car but hate all the problems it has and the dealerships way of fixing it.It has burned oil since i bought it they did tests said it was in normal range.. If someone pays 50000$ for a car normal range of oil usage should be 0.I bought it so i would have a dependable car and that is not the case. They put a new engine at 54000 miles because it was burning 1 qt every 500 miles now.. I don't like having paid 37000$ for it an it being 2 yrs old and needing a new engine but i think at least its fixed .. WRONG 3000 miles later oil light on I'm being told now its normal for the new engine to burn oil breaking in whatever. I bought a lemon well oils burning seems to b a problem with this car

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.