2013 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonic model:
Warranty Issues
By riverview3 on 06/06/14 12:37 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback RS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Excessive warranty issues. No heat issues couldn't be diagnosed until 3rd visit to dealer. Seating quality poor. Leather re stitched at dealer and seam reseated twice on rear seat. Mylink Bringo heated up Iphone enough via USB to cause phone damage.

Great, great choice for a small car
By mcland on 05/29/14 13:42 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback LTZ 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Have LTZ with the 1.4 Turbo. Great engine, feels strong and pulls well. Combined gas mileage so far is above 30 MPG in mostly city driving. Composed ride, car sticks to the road in turns. The car feels very solid, a pleasure to drive. Visibility is great. The media system works well, the phone operation, the media applications and the radio itself. Large screen provides a lot of information in a friendly and clear manner. Remote Link with OnStar allows you to start the engine from far, far away, all done via satellite. Tried to use the turn by turn directions via OnStar and it did work very well too, you can download your route via smartphone. Overall happy with the car.

Sonic Hatch LT with 1.4L
By jaar819 on 12/25/13 04:58 AM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback RS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I thought the overall design of both the interior and exterior of the Sonic was very tastefully done. I liked it better than other cars in its class but this is obviously a matter of taste. The 1.4L turbo engine is smooth and fun, 6 speaker sound system which seemed better to me than other cars in class, MyLink system, body of car seemed extremely stiff, much better than Mini Clubman, the last car i owned. I know this because my driveway has a bump which puts torsional stress on the car. the mini creaked. the sonic does not. very smooth ride on highway. very low rpm of engine at highway speeds. very quiet car for subcompact. the suspension system makes car feel more like a luxury car.

Great Little Car
By icubarb on 12/14/13 15:40 PM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback LTZ 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car 10 months ago. I have about 10,000 miles on it. I have the 2012 LTZ hatchback in Orange and love it.

Galaxy S4 Cell Phone Owners Watch Out!!!
By geminiman on 11/01/13 18:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback RS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love the Sonic RS, however I'm a little disappointed in the phone compatibility options. The Sonic uses BringGo as a navigation app that runs through your phone. After I bought the car, it turns out that the app doesn't work with the latest and greatest andriod, the S4. It does work though for the older S3 and S2. Also, I was thinking that pictures videos can be viewed from your phone through the usb port. It turns out only pictures and videos on a flash drive can be used.

2013 Chevy Sonic RS review
By viperaider on 09/09/13 11:47 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback RS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I spent several months looking into my next gas saver. Keep in mind; GAS SAVER. This car won me over with features versus SAVING money. I settled with a brand new RS out the door for $18,900 after negotiating.

Fun little car but not good in snow
By vernmuffin on 07/17/13 08:17 AM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback RS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had been researching the Sonic extensively since its release and, after hearing my husband complain a lot about the lack of fuel economy of his Silverado 1500 pick-up (and receiving a $1000 private offer from Chevy) we decided to buy a 2013 RS this past February. We were planning to use the car for business travels that didn't require the truck, and short, run-about trips that didn't require a ton of cargo room or space for our 3 dogs. We thought by purchasing this vehicle, we could save mileage on our aging mini-van, as well as my husband's work truck (Silverado).

Was excited at first, not so much now
By jkrug26 on 06/02/13 12:58 PM (PDT)

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

This vehicle was my first new car. Being a single mom and having to drive two young children around I wanted something reliable. I didn't try and have my children attempt to get into the vehicle before purchasing but the rear door handles are up too far for my kids to reach. Secondly, and more concerning there is an issue with the ignition. My keys don't seem to want to go into the ignition. And IF they manage to make it in they get stuck in the ignition. I was stuck at the grocery store for ten minutes while I tried to get the car started because it seemed the tumbler was not engaging correctly with the key. Chevy needs to make this right!!!!!!

Pleased and anticipating good things...
By kmanderson on 02/21/13 19:08 PM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Have about 600 miles now on my new Sonic LS Hatch 5speed manual. Overall I am very pleased. Steering is light & crisp, ride is poised and quiet and the car feels solid. I have been impressed. Entry to/from the rear seats is no problem and my kids all are wanting me to take them to their events in this little car. I bought this car as my 3rd car for a runabout and for my kids to drive. I traded in a Hyundai Elantra and have found the clutch, shifter and steering to be superior to what I had in the Hyundai. ---One thing I really dislike: There is a terrible reflection in the windshield of the dash and its shiny materials...especially on sunny days. So annoying. Chevy---plz help !

RS Manual - fun drive, great value! Built in U.S.A!
By jlearn on 02/03/13 12:17 PM (PST)

2013 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback RS 4dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

As a college student and an avid auto industry enthusiast, It was time for me to sell my old beast of an SUV and purchase my first NEW car. I was sorting through competitors such as the Mini Cooper S, Volkswagen GTI, Volkswagen Beetle, Fiat 500C, Hyundai Veloster Turbo. After adding up all the features I wanted in my next car purchase, and compared the competition, the answer was clear! For what I would be spending on a GTI or Mini I got a whole lot cheaper with the Sonic RS. Granted those vehicles are better performing, yes, but I'm a college guy on a limited budget, that wanted character, performance, and value! I love my Sonic RS. The 6-speed is a blast and sharp corners are my favorite!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback in VA is:

$171 per month*