2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed Consumer Review - 2nd time, shame on me

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab - Consumer Review

2nd time, shame on me
By Troy on

2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT3 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Cannot say enough about the power of the 6.6 Duramax, handles grades up and down quite well. The seats are very comfortable, both front and rear; with three kids, it had to be. Not nearly as impressed with the finish as this is the second new GM/Chevy product I have owned in the past 12 years and both were of far less quality finish than the competition. Fortunately for GM/Chevy, it was the heart, not the looks, Shame on GM/Chevy for their lack of quality control on the exterior finish.

Favorite Features

The Duramax is transparent to everyone except the driver (lots of power), it is quite quiet which I like as compared to an older diesel I have. The entertainment system and Bose Stereo coupled with the sunroof makes for a fun truck to drive with the kids.

Suggested Improvements

Chevy could do a lot to take a look at their quality control. We're quite disappointed with the finish. A little hard to notice while at the dealer, once home a few items stood out like a sore thumb and are not easily fixed, i.e., fit & finish of the drivers side passenger door. Looks like bad body work.