2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500 model:
A Working/Playing Man's Truck!
By johnterry on 02/19/11 11:14 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck used with 115,000 miles on it for a bargin price at the GM dealer. Wow! Nice! I've owned many of work trucks but this one is the beast of beasts. 15 city & highway, pulling or empty is consistant. Power going up hills equal to running on level ground.Expensive to maintain, yes, but, a small price in comparision with total reliability. Bounced between Ford & GM, but now, I'm totally sold on GM. I've never owned a new truck, it's the used ones that really prove themselves...LME-DJ tested!

Great truck
By joan on 06/19/10 11:38 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this truck when it was new with only 12 miles on it. I love it except for the mpg. It's never, highway or city, gotten over 15 mpg. All the electronic problems we had were taken care of with the factory paying because they new of the defects. Tires for it are expensive but i guess they would be for any truck this size. Overall it's a great truck!

217,000 miles and never stopped
By d3mon31 on 04/04/10 18:56 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2dr Regular Cab LS Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

i bought my 2004 chevy 2500hd 2dr 2wd longbed regular cab from my stepdad and its been great. He bought it brand new for quite a bit of money and sold it to me because he wanted a new truck for the farm. it has 217,000 miles and has never had to have it in the shop. the biggest thing i've had to do with it is put new tires on it. Its very reliable. I love this truck to death. I hate the gas mileage, but i have way more power than any other 3/4 ton truck i know. i wish it was a duramax but hey, im not complaining. it holds its value very well, and looks great. the tranny and engine aren't showing any signs of quitting so im good. i suggest this truck for anyone pulling a trailer or camper.

just ok
By robert on 02/24/10 20:32 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2dr Regular Cab LS Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

from day 1 chevy denied the steering bang/knocking in the steering box nothing to worry about. at 86900 miles Driver side exhaust manifold bolts broke off in head. I'm having oil pressure problems(25 psi), metal shaving on the oil drain plug, clogged oil filter. Idling a bit rough. low lifter noise. side door trim continues to turn yellow so I painted them all black. Stereo cd broke after 1 year.

time to buy a real truck not a silverado
By cjk on 01/07/10 15:58 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This was at first a good truck at 67,000 miles when the transmission went out on me the dealer told me I need a new transmission this is not good for gm I just go back and forth to work. No towing no plowing so gm said they will not help do. Don't buy gm trucks

Like a rock
By Joe Harper on 11/12/09 19:05 PM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this truck two years ago. This is a fun, powerful, mean, attention grabbing truck. It is not quick or nimble but has incredible highway manners. The 6.0 engine is sublime on cruise at 80 mph and at idle. Only had two problems in that time, the instrument cluster (replaced by the dealer under a recall) and a steering wheel shaft bearing. After thinking I was hearing a knock in the engine, I read about using 89 octane and the knocking stopped and I got 10% better mileage. The stock tires were 245/65/16 or about 29 inches, they're just too puny for this truck. 265/75/16 is pretty standard on these, and Load Range E is a must, I see 15-16 mpg highway. Do yourself a favor, get a Chevy.

Silverado Duramax 2500
By silverado power on 01/08/09 07:19 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

i have my Silverado with the Duramax engine for three years and not once has it broken down. We pull 13 000lbs and it's a beast.

2004 crew cab Silverado 2500 2wd
By chevy man on 12/18/08 09:02 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Love this truck. Never short on power. Put a kn intake on it and power and acceleration has improved even more. Me and my wifes daily driver have had problems with electronics and radio luckily covered under warranty. Despite problems though me and my wife still love this truck, however I have not ever seen this truck get over 15 mpg city or hwy. I want to know what you guys getting 17 are doing. Overall great dependable and more than able truck. I would put it against Ford, Dodge, or Toyota any day

Great truck
By lbsorensen on 05/15/08 11:50 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this truck 2 years ago. My husband is in construction and needed a work truck, but we also needed something that suit the family with 3 teens. Love this truck, lots of room, lots of power.

Awesome truck
By cph 360 on 04/12/08 19:54 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned many trucks and all I can say is my 1988 2500 2wd 5.7 regular cab has 248,000 miles and still performs like new. I purchased 2004 2500 4wd crew cab 6.0 v8 last month and all I can say is this truck is truly superior too all other trucks. Ride looks handling and most of all performance. The power is unbelievable and gas mileage is 14 mpg around town and 17.8 on the highway, what more can I say great job gm. Ford, Dodge, Toyota step aside, I"m a GM man for ever.