2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Love My Impala !!!!!!
By Kenny Ray on 11/14/09 20:14 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car, I owned a 2001 and when it was time to replace it, I gave the 2009 model a chance. Everyday I can't wait to get a chance to drive it. It commands attention everywhere I go with it. I love everything about this car, color, handling and the sound system (bose) I've always owned GM cars and mainly chevrolets and this is the best by far.

Good car with lots of space
By Laura on 11/14/09 09:34 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've been impressed with the performance, handling, and comfort; a good-sized car which made it easy for me to switch from my small SUV back to a car again. Strengths-I really like the driverís seat, I can move the seat up (so I donít feel so low to the ground) and the significant back support (which I love). Trunk space is amazing-a great car for families. I like my dark gray interior and the info provided by the Driver Info Center (tire pressure, oil life, etc). Weaknesses-the dual climate control dials move too easily(you end up changing them more than you wanted to). I wouldn't say it's "fun" to drive, but it's reliable. I haven't had this, but someone else had a fuel sensor go bad.

Better Than Expected
By craig on 10/31/09 00:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my '04 Grand Prix for a new '09 LTZ. I love it! It's got a lot more interior room & the trunk is HUGE. I have to lay down to get anything just behind the back seat. The headroom is great in front & back. I'm not as blinded at night now as the Impala sits higher. The acceleration w/ the 3.9 liter is great! I have nearly V8 performance & am getting V6 mileage. I'm averaging 20 mpg & that's w/ lots of city miles. The features w/ the radio are much better than in my old car. I can see why the police are starting to buy LTZ's.

Happy with my 2009
By James_C on 10/07/09 17:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car rides better than my 2007 Impala. The stereo is better as well. Only complaint is (as someone else pointed out) the angle of the headrest is not as comfy as it could be. I drive very carefully and have been averaging 29-30 mpg city. Would recommend the car to anyone looking for a midsize sedan.

Very Nice Car
By BigDaddy on 09/23/09 01:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

One of the roomiest cars I have owned in a long time. I am as comfortable in this car as I am in my Silverado Pick-up. I am over 6' tall and it is one of the few cars I have been in that I can't reach the pedals with the seat all the way back. Dealership was great. For the price, warranty and dealer support you cannot beat it.

Great Car!
By BB on 09/22/09 06:54 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Got the LT with luxury pkg. Love the smooth ride and handling. The interior looks great.Drove 600 mile trip the first week and go over 30mpg. The trunk space is awesome,esp. with the folddown rear seats. Can handle 4 golf bags. The Bose sound system is amazing,esp with the XM music. OnStar with the turn-by-turn option is wonderful,eliminates the need for GPS. Would recommend getting the upgrade package as it eliminates 90% of the complaints mentioned in the other reviews.

Its not a Hemi
By Mr Hurst Olds on 09/02/09 13:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I loved my 06 300C. It was one of my best cars,but gas won"t stay 2 bucks a gal. I looked at mostly GM cars and always liked the Impala,the SS would be great but I wanted better mileage. I read some of Edmunds reviews and I thought that some were critical of the interior. I believe that was because of buying the lower model. I am very happy with the leather seats and the way they sit. I have 18 inch wheels and the handling pkg {both std on LTZ} and car handles as good as my 300. It does have a little stiffer ride but you can't have both ways. The 3.9 V-6 has plenty of power for all my driving and the first tank of gas{mostly city with some hwy driving avg 23.5

Comfortable and Well Built
By Service Director on 08/18/09 17:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is put together very nicely. It has plenty of power and easily will get 31+ MPG with sensible driving,The car is excellent for quality and price.

10 Day rental
By Ray on 08/16/09 10:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Nice car - good power with nice interior overall. Head rests were to far forward and the chrome around the gear selector sometimes reflected sun in my eyes. I did hear a slight squeak near the windshield on the drivers side.

Enjoyable to drive!
By A Kois on 08/15/09 15:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

They had to dig the car out of the back of the warehouse. I wanted a light interior color with a dark exterior. They came up with Red Jewel Tintcoat and tan leather interior. The color (when clean) is really pretty. It sparkles in the sun. I love it. I have Bose, heated seats and a moonroof. I enjoy it. I just wish the car had more chrome accents on it. The mileage is great and has pretty good acceleration for a small 6. I did not care about XM radio and let it lapse. How about HD radio? Steering wheel controls are great. Love the hands free phone and Onstar ability. One big negative is the headrest. It hits me in the middle of my head. They tried to adjust it but couldn't.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Impala Sedan in VA is:

$124 per month*