Used 2009 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

It delivers
By Joe Novak

2009 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It isn't sexy, it isn't fast. Fuel economy is ok but not great. More importantly, it's very comfortable, reasonably quiet, and spacious. Most eimportantly, it's been reliable and inexpensive to operate.

Great Daily Driver!
By Michael George

2009 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've been using my 2009 LT impala for the past 4 years and other than a minor problem where one tire would consistently lose air pressure at a faster rate than the other tires I have not had a single problem. Fixing the tire issue also only took 1 day at the shop at an out cost of around $100. It definitely could be worse. Overall this car has served me extremely well whether I'm going to multi-day roadtrips or just driving in the city to school/work. I can't image what more I could ask for from a hand-me-down and I fully expect to use this car for atleast another 2 years before I look to trade it in for something a little faster and more fun.

Shame on you Chevy **SHAME SHAME SHAME
By Don

2009 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

09 Impala, terrible engineering. And its no recall. It could be very expensive for some of you replacing sensors to finally replace the accelerator position sensor (pedal). I'm a tech and it had me stumped on my wife's car for 2 days. Did not buy or replace anything until I was sure I pinned it down. "Reduce engine power" "Service Traction Control" "Engine Light" codes P2122/P2138. Accelerator Position Pedal (APP) costed me $72 without any discount, 2 -10mm bolts & 5 minutes of my time. I'm a Chevy lover and this won't discourage me from any of my other Chevys or any future Chevys. Just don't believe it from the inside "quality control" side of it in our own American dealerships.

ITS A REAL SHAME

what is wrong with chevrolet???
By Catalinaaiden

2009 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I hav 2009 impalla and have the same problem as everybody else the traction control light is dying on the freeway is not under warranty that they don't want to fix it the clicking noise in the dashboard went to dealership they wanted $950 to fix it and nothing is under warranty obviously is not something that the consumers are doing it's something that company did when they made this car but then they put a recall in for a key and needs to be redone but don't care about people having their vehicles dying on them on the freeway when they have children in the car can somebody answer me this question and what the hell is wrong with Chevrolet and why aren't they fixing these problems cuz everybody that has these cars have the same problem and what should we do

My father sure taught me impalas
By Andi newsome

2009 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Low miles are best !!! 30,000 or less if you want to keep the car for long if you maintence it right shell do you good