2007 Chevrolet Impala 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Solid Performer

2007 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

SS Sedan (5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Solid Performer
By RRS on

2007 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This was the third Chevy I bought in succession. The prior two were a 1998 Monte Carlo and a 2003 Impala LE. I chose the SS for the added torque and performance that are missing in the V6 Impala models. The car handles well and the performance is there when needed. Gas economy is fair. I have had no mechanical issues with this car. I have all regularly scheduled maintenance done either at the dealers or at the local Jiffy Lube. I tore the fiberglass front running it up on some snow in a parking lot last winter. I am sure that this will be an issue at lease end. I was surprised at the amount of damage for such minor impact. The front design of the car is unforgiving for minor impact

Favorite Features

Power, Power, Power. Car runs hot off the line as equipped. Part of my daily commute requires a high-speed merge onto an interstate. Chevy SS never disappoints. Car does require high-octane 90 or better. If you try plus grades, you will notice drop off in torque, hear results.

Suggested Improvements

Driver visibility could be improved. I don't think the trunk deck spoiler actually does anything for performance, but it ruins the side profile of the vehicle. It should be an option. I paid a lot for the cargo net in the trunk (I think $75). The only thing I did with it is remove it.