Used 2005 Chevrolet Impala Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Bought used
By Obelisk

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my '05 Impala 3.4 after losing my first car in an accident. I was quite surprised by how solid the car was. It had 139000 miles on it, and was mostly clean and cared for. Only had to replace a few things, as is normal for a used, ten year old car. My friends and I love the car, and it's far more comfortable than what they drive (One has an '07 Camry, which felt awfully stiff to me). The stereo is great and the sound quality is clear. Although, if you leave the CD tray on too long, it glitches and skips parts of the song (about 5-10 seconds of it). Drive it to college and work on a daily basis, and it just keeps on going, no matter what happens. Very reliable, although gas mileage could've been made better. Pros: Feels like a couch Responsive and accelerates quickly (For gearheads) Great engine sound and pretty good performance for a sedan Great stereo Transmission is quick and smooth Looks great in gray Cons: MPG is a bit sub-par Only one key, trunk needs a separate key. Probably can't get it when buying used. Can be a bit bouncy on hard bumps.

love my 05
By johnandy

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

leased it new and was so pleased I bought it still driving and still very pleased.I have hit mid 30 hyw at 64 mph still org battery tires last wich means good steering geo never faild to start it looks great and ON Star is a safty feature that saves lives

ON Star saved a life

I love this car
By triciakraft

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2005 base model Impala with 210k miles on it. Ive only had 3problems with it. A fuel pressure regulator ($50), Catalytic Converter ($250) and my cruise control hasn't worked in approx 3 weeks. I own 2 other vehicles a expedition and a 2011 convertible Camaro SS with all the bells and whistles imaginable. This may sound a bit nuts, but I prefer the Impala, the ride is so much more comfortable not to mention 29mpg. I drive it everyday it hasn't given me any problems (its well maintained) and i expect to last at least another 130k. If you had problems with this vehicle, you probably didn't care for it as well as you could have.

Another piece of GM junk
By kandis67

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2011 with 54k miles on it. I now have ~78k and it has just been one problem after another since day one. Huge lack of power, stopping on a slight incline on the road would cause me to roll backward when releasing the brake. Transmission jumps and skips. Can't get it to start 85% of the time. Fuel regulator began spitting out gasoline at 60k ($180 fix). Tie rods are crap. Wiper motor is seized. Heat randomly shuts on and off.

The best car I have ever owned so far,
By marqukitea

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2005 Impala, 2011, Its a good car But the gas miles suck, Its a good family car cause I have 3kids, The car was 10,000 But it had low miles to that why I got it. Im almost done payin for it Only owe abot 32hun So thats good I would buy another Impala, But now im lookin for an Truck by GM, So I have my eye on an Chevy Treverse, Good luck to me.

I love the color,

A place tp hook up an Ipod.

• SUV