2014 Chevrolet Equinox 2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic w/2LT Consumer Review - 2014 Equinox, my worst nightmare

2014 Chevrolet Equinox - Consumer Review

LT 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic w/2LT)

2014 Equinox, my worst nightmare becomes a reality
By johnford on

2014 Chevrolet Equinox LT 4dr SUV w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

3 weeks ago I purchased a 2014 Chevy Equinox 2LT, 4 cylinder front wheel drive. Listed price is: $33,800 Current Mileage: 1,400 I have always been a "Buy American" supporter, that is until the mid-2000's when I had my last GM product which was as bad of a car as you could ask for. Figured its now 2014 and I should give GM a try again after some reviews of similar vehicles seemed to be fairly good, TERRIBLE MISTAKE. I could write an entire list of issues on this car if the review would let me. 1 point I must make is that within the 1,400 miles of owning this car, it has now been towed 2 times to the dealership for leaving me stranded on the road.

Favorite Features

Comfortable Seats Metallic Red Exterior Color Chrome Wheels, included with Chrome Pack Lots of rear passenger leg room

Suggested Improvements

My main suggested area of improvement is QUALITY. I cannot say that enough times. Followed by: Needs a standard rear tonneau cover for one as optioned as this. Floor mats are very thin and look cheap Leather seats are now starting to wrinkle. Front bumper with the lower guard make it as low as a sedan, which makes it hard to go up certain driveways with out bottoming out. Navigation may take minutes to load maps, irritating when you want to get on the road. Chrome wheels, although nice are actually plastic caps glued on to the metal wheels. Seems okay until you notice they scratch much easier than typical chrome on metal.
By boesman1
on 04/22/14 12:56 PM (PDT)

If you feel that way about the car, why give it 3 stars...IF that was my experience with the vehicle it would get 1 star.

By jonesy85
on 05/01/14 11:40 AM (PDT)

I have had a 2014 2LT for 12k miles, and not a single problem. If you have so many problems with it, then make GM take the vehicle back. How steep of a driveway do you have to make the car scrape front a back?? I have the rubber floor mats, and the dealer gave me a great deal on them. How thick do you need them? Are they rubbing through after only 1400 miles?

By onemssassy
on 12/23/14 12:09 PM (PST)

it really sounds like to me that you don't like Chevrolet or their products! I am now driving my second Equinox...first one was a 2009, 6 cylinder, this one is a 2014, 4. Not a minutes problem with either of them...89,000 miles on the 2009 and 10,000 on this on! if you have by some accident gotten a lemon...how about reading up on the Lemon Laws and get yourself another vehicle. I note that you didn't say WHY it was towed twice, even the best manufactures have a flaw in a vehicle now and then...I can only say that I LOVE my Equinox and would highly recommend it to anyone. There is one thing that bothers me ...and that is the blind spot on the passengers side. It was hard to get used to after the 2009, but once you do, there is no problems that I can report! And I LOVE the gas mileage!