2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Review: It's doing its job.

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

It's doing its job.
By evanz on

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second car. I bought it, after weeks of searching for something else in my price range. I don't really like Chevy, but i got it in great shape, and condition. I bought it with 80,000 miles, and it now has about 105,000. I've driven it across states without hesitating. The only thing I've had to replace was the fuel pump at about 100. Everything else works fine, and even looks alright. The car isnt fast, but if you give enough gas it can go. I live in an area with snow, ice, rain, and hills, and this car works fine everywhere. I take good care of my cars aesthetically, and get their regular maintenance. But I drive the **** out of my cars, and this one is still holding up fine.

The MPG is good. It was cheap. It has been reliable so far to me.

The interior could be designed better. They could have spent a little more money on materials and had better quality. But for a economic car, it did its job well. I can suggest tons of improvements, but if you want those you'd get an Audi instead of a cavalier.