Used 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Special Value Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

You get what you pay for
By dustyrose2

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2006 with 60K miles. Its has needed alot of repairs, all my gauges stopped working in 2009, windshield wipers wont stop when you turn them off since 2010, air conditioner makes a constant ticking/clicking sound all the time since right after i bought it, I replaced the engine coils 2x, replaced ignition control module 6x, replaced water pump, fuel pump, clutch, many others cant remember everything, my timing belt started going out last week so I finally traded it in for a new car. Inside of the car is very cheap and basic, but hey the car was cheap and you get what you pay for. The gas mileage was excellent, I say its a good starter car for a teenager.

Gas mileage.

Dont buy a 2004 cavalier RUN!!!!
By hatecavalier04

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my cavalier.......when it is running! dont ever buy one I bought it with 65,000 miles on it and it has been worked on more than I have driven it. I take very good care of my cars but with this one it doesn't matter. It is cheaply made everywhere you look.it had an electrical problem which I spent a fortune to fix, probably way more than the car is worth. My cd player, radio and interior lights do not work still. If I try to put a fuse in it it just sparks...Im sure there is a short some where but im not putting any more money in this car. I have replaced the alternator multiple times with brand new ones. It dry starts, gauges dont work, replaced timing chain kit, etc. on and on

The only thing I like about my car is the pretty orange color, the rims, and the few times it has actually run for me. There is no way a vehicle with this few miles on it should have so many problems. I am disgusted.

Everything......no recall on this bull crap car!!!!! My brothers 05 has many of the same problems. The more blogs I read about the same problems I have the more mad it makes me. If one more thing goes wrong I am taking it to the scrap yard because that is all it is worth! Went to trade it in and drove a chevrolet trail blazer and guess what....the gauges were all messed up! I miss my FORD at least they admit to there problems and recall them.

Nice little car
By Darrell Hovermale

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car in Feb. 04, primarily for a commuter car. So far it has been very reliable. It just has a likeability. Also the $4,000 rebate GM was offering at that time influenced my decision to purchase. Our other car is a 2000 Honda Civic that my wife drives. It's also a great little car, but I prefer to drive the Chevy.

engine, smooth shifting automatic tranny

seats could use some bolstering

cavalier review
By damian

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

i am sastify with this car as far as the gas mileage,as far as the guality of is interior my opinion is that it is very cheap.I also had problems with the seals in the windshild it cause some water damage.I am very sastify with the exterior design.I had not other problem so far with this car.

the exterior design,gas mileage,engine performance, big trunk.

higher guality materials for the interior.

I love this car!
By Jenny Mariner

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Special Value 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had it for 1 month, but we've already put 2000 miles on it. It's really not bad on gas considering all the running we do. I got a 5 speed, and it's really easy to drive. I'm very happy with it so far.

The cd stereo is really good for being factory installed. I've gotten compliments on the sound.

A better looking spoiler (more sporty), and cup holders that don't sit right infront of the radio.