2004 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
Great car!
By hannam on 10/14/12 19:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I drove this car for almost a year before someone ran a red light and totaled it. Looks great for the price, easy to drive and great for a first car! I bought it with 90k and drove it to 100k. I did have a few issues with it. The backseat was really difficult to access. If you buy with the original radio, be aware that installing a new radio could put you in the $200-300 range as the system is connected to many other things in the car (like the beeps for when your car door is open). AC went out around 94,000 miles. The lights below around the gearshift went out, and I had to hit the gearshift to make them come back on. All in all, I'm still happy with the purchase and sad to lose it.

Best Value
By alanseymour on 05/17/12 10:48 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The car is reliable. I have had no problems for over 116,000 miles so far. I do however change my oil on regular (specified) intervals. It has for a 2.2 Liter engine, good acceleration and it can drive smooth at 100 mph. I get ~ 29 miles per gallon with regular 87 octane gasoline - not bad. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a reliable, efficient commuter vehicle.

Would be good
By Jon Smith on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Would be good but the car just keeps having problems, IAT, HUBS go out, Slave cylinders go out multiple times and then contaminate the clutch but That problem starts with the master cylinder which is usually repaired wrong at dealers for cost cutting-they replace the slave not the master cylinder. almost cost my life in an accident! Trans went out, Radio went out twice the replaced one was remanufactured, not NEW under warranty. speakers go out, throttle cable rusted and would make the throttle stick or not move-thus no driving or very high revs. The car would be great if GM wasn't so Cheap! and that intake manifold design is crap.

2004 Cavalier
By Jen6374 on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Hi this is my 3rd cavaler and my favorite drives awsome i just got it on August 5

The Best
By poohni1539 on 04/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car its great, it suits me in every need. The car is the perfest size, it has a nice sound system and the interior build is unique and cozy. The Cavalier is a wonderful car and i would recommend it to any individual who has a small family and is looking for a vehicle with low maintenance cost.

love it
By Doubledarell2 on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

i think the cavalier is the best car ever made

Nice Car for Teens
By tomyb on 04/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car has tons of power for how small it is and you can lay down the rubber if you felt the erge. It's big compared to it's competitors and is fun to drive sometimes

nicest
By kathyde on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

i have never had a car that i could drive around and feel more comfortable in. it does not feel like a SLED, and definatinly not a BABY./ i get looks every where i go, and coments. like ;AWESOME CAR-BEAUTIFUL.

CAVALIER 2
By L2 on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

THIS IS REALY ABOUT MY 1992 CAVALIER THAT I BOUGHT NEW 12 YRS AGO I LVED THAT LITTLE RED CAR BUT AFTER 169,000 MILES AND ALL THE GOOD DEALS ON NEW CAVALIERS I DECIDED TO GET A NEW AND IF THIS CAVALIER IS AS DEPENABLE AS MY 92( I HAD ONE MINOR ELECTRIAL PROBLEM IN THE FIRST FEW MONTHS AFTER THAT ALL I DID WAS MAINTANCE(OIL, FILTERS,TIRES,ECT.) NEVER HAD ANY OTHER PROBLEM FOR HER LIFE TIME SHE STILL HAD GET UP AND GO WHEN I TRADED BUT YOU COULD TELL SHE WAS STARTING TO FEAL HER MILES MY NEW LITTLE BLACK BEAUTY HAS BEEN GREAT SO FAR LOVE THE RADIO HATE THE DASH CAN'T USE THE SPACE I HOPE I HAVE 12 MORE GOOD YEARS WITH THIS CAR

Computer missing
By Grote on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got the car, and in less than five weeks my computer had to be replaced. Then after getting the computer back someone rear-ended me. I must say considering the force of impact the car withstood the blow. I'm still waiting to get it back.