Eight and a half years of good driving.
By A.B. on
2000 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan
Yesterday I bid a fond farewell to a close friend after 8 1/2 years. I got my Cavalier in March 2002 as a high school graduation present from my grandmother. I have to say, the Cav did its job and then some. I went to college 3-4 hours away from home, and I now live a half hour away from where I now work, and have done the commute for 4 years now. The Cavalier was great on gas and kept me safe on one of the worst, most congested Interstates in the country. From an old man t-boning me after running a stop sign to skidding on ice on the Interstate, hitting a snow bank, and the only damage being a bent license plate, this car's toughness isn't to be underestimated. I loved the old gal!
Favorite Features
Cruise control, great stereo for factor-built, comfortable ride, VERY gas efficient, safe.
Suggested Improvements
If you get one be warned: the compressor in my Cavalier, plus everyone else's I know who owns/ed one, will leak, and during hot summer months, it's NOT fun. Mine still held vacuum, but needed refrigerant added every year. This model, though, I would recommend if your new driver needs/wants wheels!