2000 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camaro model:
2000 V6 Automatic with T-Tops
By camarogrl00 on 06/03/11 13:02 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2 Dr STD Coupe

I had my wonderful Camaro for 8 years, over 98000 miles. Although I went through 4 sets of tires and breaks on normal driving, which I feel was WAY too many replacements. I still loved her. No matter how old this car gets the body style is still something so appealing. Unfortunately she needed too much done to it for me to keep driving, antoher set of tires and other stuff, I had to get rid of her. Anyone who has had a chance to own this fun and awesome car knows what a gem it is, regardless of any issues. I miss her everyday still and it has been 3 years since she was traded in.

Great car
By cafeteriagodess on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2 Dr STD Coupe

I have had this car for almost 10 years. Great car drives quiet and with ease on the highway without road noise. The only thing I have had to do is tires, battery, headlights tail lights, belts. Oil changes regular maintaince. She has gone to the mountains three times with no problems on the blue ridge. I don't like the in/out of the seat as it is low and my hips have had enough. Don't care for the windshield its had to keep clean. I would change the rear hatch when its has rained when you lift up the hatch the water runs inside. I would not buy a knew one only because I am ready for a truck, but I have nothing to complain about this camaro has been very reliable never has given me any problems

Fun Car
By Natey on 04/22/10 13:57 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

I had the z28 auto, i got the car with 40000 miles on it, really fast car just stock, stereo in it was really good, car ran great up to around 50000 with no problems, then i started to mod it, cam headers, touque converter, and on and on, then it started to have problems, trans went on me soon after, the rear gears, bad break vibrations, the after about 10000 the brand new trans started going, and coolant started boiling after normal every day driving so i sold it, great cars until you mess with them then they mess with you back

A Decade of Fun!!
By camaromom2000 on 03/24/10 04:22 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2 Dr STD Coupe

I have had this car for 10 years, Picked it up for a song and have been singing a happy tune ever since.I have the Mystic Teal paint and the color still blows me away, right along with how well this car still handles after all these years. Aside from replacing one fuel pump, this car has had NO major mechanical issues. Been extremely reliable!

My 2000 Z28
By Bill Cook on 02/24/09 17:24 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

For 10 Years I've always wanted a Camaro and in 2003 I finaly bought a used 2000 Z28 with 34,000. This car is an absolute fun to drive, very comfortable, sporty and fast. I'm a car guy 100% and this car is a pleasure to drive. But the build quality is, and I'm very sorry to say, is poor. The transmission went for no apparent reason and I've had incredible problems with the differential. The driver's seat wears out every 2 years and the V8 engine makes a lot of lifter noise when cold (cheap Chevy engine). I've had to replace the cat converters every 20K miles- thankfully still under warranty. Regardless I love the car. Fuel milege is a dependable/constant 17/25.

Great car
By jrmbubba on 11/05/07 20:30 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

I have a white Z28 with t-tops and it is a very fun car. Mine is used for daily driving mostly. 300+ hp is very hard to resist as far as playin with it while driving in it. With my exhaust and headers I tend to be bothered by the police for noise pollution but no tickets though

Best car I've ever owned!
By KS on 05/13/06 00:09 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2 Dr STD Coupe

Out of the many car cars I have owned in almost 40 years (!), this is the only car I have owned that has been mechanically trouble-free. Only regular oil changes - and tires/brakes @ 55k - it's been a blessing to own. I bought it brand-new and am now pushing 100,000 miles.

2000 Z28 Hatchback
By First Timer on 04/23/06 05:40 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

This car is tight. When going down a bumpy road it remains quiet. Steering is tight also. The power steering is firmer than expected. Regardless of the speed firm accurate steering is always available. Power is as expected. Except for the clunking of metal parts when shifting from reverse to forward drive. No fluid leakage. Out on the freeway the car is beautiful. I was crusing at 80mph then rolled it on to 135mph. Nothing changed. Not the steering. Not the sound. Not the stability. It got there quick also. I think it will do 155mph with no problems. Seating is bad. I replaced the drivers seat with one I had in a 96 Chevy Caprice cop car. Now it is OK.

Totally Amazing Car... unbeatable
By pjhershey on 04/02/06 17:40 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2 Dr STD Coupe

Don't buy anything but domestic, and Chevy if you can. On top of just the pure speed and acceleration of the car, it still gets great gas mileage and is built tougher then any other coupe on the road. Its exterior is beautiful, interior is functional and stylish... it is just a great car.

2000 Z28
By Ray Yankura on 10/16/05 08:36 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2 Dr Z28 Coupe

The engine is awsome. Handling is great. Matching panels is terrible. I don't use it when it rains and I store it in the winter. Had to purchase new tires after 12,000 miles. I don't hot rod it either. Sound system is great. I have the 500 Watt Monsoon. Paint is pretty good. I have not taken it for service since I purchased it. Not a family car. Only use it on week ends. I have added some body decals which give it a better apperance. Have lots of people tell me how nice the car looks. Runs very well. I guess the engine is what sold me.