Used 2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche

View reviews for a specific Avalanche model:

Lots of electrical problems
By Tony

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this vehicle (LT3) used off lease with 40K miles and have had nothing but problems. Blower motor went bad, sensor for exit cab lights went bad, Back-up sensor error all within 6 months. Love the looks, drivability and handling, but Chevrolet really needs to focus of quality. Stopped buying Fords for similar issues in late 90's and about to do the same with Chevrolet!

Favorite Features

Ride, Handling, Looks

Suggested Improvements

Quality of electrical, Fit & Finish

Love my Avalanche!
By Willard

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought the Avalanche to replace my Silverado. Couldn't be happier except I can't get my wife out of the Avalanche! Got the White Diamond package with 22" wheels. Took it to the car wash last week and when finished the young man asked for the owner and another customer said he wished it was his. Two of the young men wiping it down mentioned what a "sweet ride" I had. Drove from Utah to Texas and back fully loaded and averaged over 20 mpg at over 70 mph. Extremely comfortable ride on the open road! The folding steps are great! I'm over 6' tall and my wife is 5'; the adjustable pedals and memory seats make the truck a joy for both. Almost a year and a half and no visits to the shop.

Favorite Features

Nav system, entertainment system, (grandkids love to ride with us), folding running boards, adjustable pedals and memory seats. Storage bins in the rear are very convenient. Tows like a dream. The backup camera and sensors are a must!

Suggested Improvements

Center storage bin is a catch all without some type of organizer built in.

Great truck
By Huey Long

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the ideal truck for business that includes taking clients to the field. It travels superbly, and gets better than 18 mpg if driven 65-70 mph. MPG drops quickly if over 70. The only complaint is its ground clearance, which has resulted in some scrapes to the wheel well corners; not noticeable, but it would be nice if it rode about 2" higher. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who can afford it, although its value to me has far exceeded the pick-ups I have had in the past. I will drive an Avalanche LTZ as long as GM can afford to make 'em.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Higher ground clearance by 2"

My Favorite Truck!!!
By Steve Waddell

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in a 2003 Dodge Ram QuadCab- Laramie edition, that I purchased new for a Chevy Avalanche LTZ, with Rocky Ridge customization package. I had visited several dealers in Hampton Roads, VA, and none had anything that met my needs. I found exactly what I wanted on eBay. My son and I drove over 400 miles Friday April 16, 2009 and traded in our old Dodge and bought the new Chevy Avalanche LTZ. The truck in white diamond (pearl white) with customization package makes it look just like the Escalade.

Favorite Features

Love the Rocky Ridge customization package w/ 22" Incubus wheels! XM Satellite radio (Hair Nation, Boneyard, etc!), White Diamond paint with lt Cashmere int, safety features (side airbags, etc.), 87 octane, smooth ride (like a nice yacht), covered rear bed, side storage, turning radius is excellent

Suggested Improvements

Not much really, but if I could - I would add cooled seats and bluetooth (both of which were added for 2009). A coin holder and improved storage design in center storage compartment would also be nice. And finally, while there is an MP3 player connection, it also needs an iPhone charging station.

08 Summit White LTZ NAV DVD Sunroof Load
By First Time Chevy

2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am a lady that bought this as a surprise for my husband. I love it so much that I'm probably going to buy one for me next year. I love the rear assist camera, heated seats, and power retractable steps. I was a previous Camry owner and I've never owned an American car before. If this truck lasts for 10 years like my Toyotas, I'll never buy another foreign car again. I am super impressed with the Chevy Avalanche.

Favorite Features

Navigation, DVD, Rear Assist Camera, Large Power Mirrors, Heated Seats, Power Retractable Steps, Driver Memory Seats