2008 LS, a lot of truck for the money
By Bill on
2008 Chevrolet Avalanche LS 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)
I chose the LS model for two reasons, first it was a few thousand dollars cheaper, and second, it had the 40/20/40 split bench, which I like better than the bucket seats that are the only option in the pricier LT and LTZ models. I really like this truck. It is a no-compromise crew cab (essentially, a Tahoe from the rear seats forward) that is easy to get into (I seldom even bother with the running boards, but then, I'm 6'3", my wife who is 5'2" uses the running boards and has no problems getting inside). The performance is excellent. Using the midgate, I can haul an object as big as a full sized couch with the rear seats down. I got 21.8 MPG on a recent road trip, hard to beat that!
Favorite Features
The engine is strong and gets decent mileage, the ride is quiet and smooth, the seats are comfy on long rides, and the tailgate locks.
Suggested Improvements
I would take the cup holders from the front center armrest, and relocate them to the floor in front of the center console. I usually like to have the armrest up, rather than down, and that means you have no front cupholders.