2000 Chevrolet Astro Consumer Review: Enough Already

2000 Chevrolet Astro - Consumer Review

Base Passenger Minivan (4.3L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Enough Already
By dellwen on

2000 Chevrolet Astro 3dr Minivan

Although the initial quality was acceptible this vehicle does not hold it's miles well. All maintenence was done on schedule however after 60000 miles the vehicle seemed to be in self destruct mode. Starter, Battery, Water Pump, AC Compressor, Blower Motor, Rear Wheel Bearing, Transmission... This vehicle was the last straw for the big three (GM, Ford, Chrysler) in my book. I never had any issues with my Hyundai and I love my Honda even more. I hate to say it but our Union workers are overated. Abolish the Unions and let's start building decent vehicles here in the USA. Until then Honda has my business. They are over 75% USA or Canadian anyway.

The Astro van is the last of the Rear wheel drive minivans. The roominess and confort levels are outstanding. It drives with more confidence than it's front wheel drive competitors. Stereo has decent sound quality and reception. Replacement parts are cheep and plentifull.

GM needs to improve the reliability of the Astro. Sliding Door becomes mis aligned easily causing shipped paint on the door edges. Cheep 80's style handles break often. Removeable seats are bulky and clumsy to operate. Old styling needs an "Extreme Makeover".