My new 2006 XLR
By caddyguy on
2006 Cadillac XLR 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5A)
I just purchased my first new car in my 55 years. I will update this as time passes, but I am pumped about the XLR. It is stunningly beautiful top up or down, and quick and sure on the road. I am hard pressed to understand the marginal reviews of the interior - I find the appointments commensurate for a rig in this price range. The seats adjust to dreamy perfection, the lights and overall vision are excellent. Not being a computer geek type, it is going to take some time to adapt to all the 170 voice commands the car responds to. The hands free phone was a hit with me right off, as is the free OnStar for a year, and XM radio for three months.
Favorite Features
My favorite feature has got to be the nine speaker Bose sound system, with 6 disc in dash CD. There are speakers in the headrests, and the bass is to die for! The DVD player for the occassional ferry ride or pit stop is a nice bonus as well. Other than that, this car is pure driving pleasure personified.
Suggested Improvements
I have no complaints thus far. If any problems develop over the next three months or so, I will update as appropriate.