Used 2014 Cadillac SRX SUV Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

MySrx
By Ellen

2014 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2014 SRX
By Brian Price

2014 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Wonderful car. One of the best I have ever had. The dealer support on this car is way beyond anything I have experienced. Makes owning easy.

Too many repairs
By Evelyn

2014 Cadillac SRX SUV Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car over a Range Rover Evoque, a BMW x5, and an Audi Q5. What a mistake. Based on my experience with this car I will never buy an American car again. I have less than 20,000 miles on the car and I have had it in the shop at least 8-10 times for various issues. Warning lights come on when there's nothing wrong with the car. Driver's window has failed three times, in that without any warning it will not go up; instead it goes half-way up, grinds around, and goes down again. The motor has been replaced and prior to that the gaskets around it were replaced. Taking it in tomorrow for the third time. The equipment in the cargo space is useless if you want to partition it off with the provided adjustable bar. The bar is not solid, and items that you want to protect will slide through. The temperature controls are supposed to be easy but they're not; you have to figure out the right touch on a flat surface, or you have to slide your finger across a very small area. All while taking your eyes off the road. The navigation system is very disappointing. The maps are difficult to adjust, and the routes provided by the system are often the most confusing or the longest routes possible. Again, I deeply regret buying this car and will trade it in as soon as the driver's window is fixed.

It returns the favor
By Melissa

2014 Cadillac SRX SUV 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Remember the commercial...when you turn your car on, does it return the favor? This one does! Couldn't quite pull off the luxury package so we got the base and I do love it. Loved it from afar from the first time I saw it. My only issue is blind spots...they take a bit to get used to. If I had to do it over, would have for sure gotten the rear camera. Even with the base model, it is quite luxurious. Great interior, easy to use and fun to drive. Great gas mileage around town (over 17) and handles well in the snow and ice. Feels sturdy when driving - we drove a few of the competitors which felt light weight and unstable - this one just felt safer when driving. Interior - the black seemed to be the only model that had "matching" interior. Did not care for one color dash, different color seats, different color carpet...then the wood accents...a little too pimpy for this lady. Went with the black...black seats, dash and carpet and carbon fiber (rather than wood) and that did the trick.
Update: I have had this for a little while now and still love it just as much as the day we brought it home! We've taken it on a few trips and for the long haul, the ride is very nice. I think my only complaint was $25 for a wiper blade...one wiper blade! But I suppose its all relative...right?

Awesome Vehicle
By Nana

2014 Cadillac SRX SUV Performance 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

If you want great performance and modern technology look no further! The Cadillac is The Cadillac of all vehicles.