I Actually Just Drove This New 2006 DTS!
By Harry, Irvine, CA on
2006 Cadillac DTS Luxury III 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)
I just drove the DTS at a dealer introduction drive in Irvine CA so I know what I am talking about. I was able to test drive this car even though I do not work for any dealer or GM. Cadillac has made many major new improvements with this car that goes way beyond just a re design of the front and rear exterior. The glass is thicker and laminated, with new structureless windshield wipers and many other body improvements to reduce outside noise. The improved suspension absorbs bumps better. This car now drives even smoother than the 2005 Lexus LS430! The DTS interior/exterior looks and feels more luxurious. DTS now competes better with the LS430! It even has new adaptive radar cruise control.
Favorite Features
This car is a substantial improvement over the previous DeVille and is more luxurious. Improved ride and less noise, harshness and vibration. It gets closer to the competition such as Mercedes and Lexus! Adaptive cruise control is a major improvement, but should prevent low speed "rear ender"!
Suggested Improvements
Front bucket seats look more luxurious but are still too hard or firm but better than the STS seats. My present DHS bench seats are more comfortable, softer and are just as supportive. Improved noise reduction is somewhat cancelled out by unecessary noisy/growling engine even upon easy acceleration.